Chapter 5

The door opened once again and i expected to see the killer this time. 

"Go away!" I opened my eyes to find someone dressed in a white suit. It was a male, about 5'8 with very chiseled facial features. He wore aqua blue gloves. Definitely not the killer.

"Calm down Elizabeth. I'm here to help. I'm Dr.Rodriguez." He took a seat next to me, letting out a sigh as he did so.

"No, you're not here to help me. All you guys do here is torture people like me." I snapped at him. He furrowed his eyebrows and focused his brown eyes onto the clipboard he was holding, reading a few words that had been scribbled down onto the sheet.

"You don't know what you're talking about ma'am. This is where we treat the mentally ill and provide help." He seemed totally relaxed, as if nothing they were doing here was wrong.

"Don't call me ma'am, if you were really trying to help, you wouldn't have me put in a room tied to a bed made out of metal."  I shot back.

The only sound present was the dripping of water coming from a faucet somewhere in the room beside me. 

"Where's my mom and my sister?" I asked.

The question seemed to take him off-guard. "Your sister?" He asked with a puzzled look.

"Yes, my sister Anabelle." I repeated.  "Didn't she come with me in the ambulance truck? I want to see her now." I demanded.

He cleared his throat uneasily.

I rose my eyebrows. "What is it?" I asked impatiently. 

 "Um, your sister Anabelle Stairwell" He paused.  "She's dead."

I couldn't believe the words that had came out of his damn mouth. How could he possibly say my sister was dead when i had just been with her earlier today?

"No she's not!" I shook my head in denial. "She was with me today, i wan't to see her." 

Mr. Rodriguez reluctantly untied me from the bed, i could sense his regret once i was successfully free.

"Alright, if you insist, but stay by my side." He said quietly.

 I rubbed my wrists and ankles, where they formed a purple soar line. I sat up and got off of the bed. The floor felt freezing cold under my bare feet. I fixed my patient gown before following the doctor. We walked down a hallway, passing the main desk where nurses and specialists were talking on the phone. The light bulbs radiating light onto the building made everything look teal. I was about to question the doctor why we were mindlessly walking around patient rooms when he came to a stop. There was a door at the end of the hall. 

An employees only sign hung from the door. I gave him a confused look but he kept leading me towards the room, not caring to explain. He entered a code into a pad on the wall. 3714. I memorized the number while the door automatically opened and freezing cold fog poured out of the room. The coldness stuck onto my cheeks and I shivered in response. The doctor led me in to the strange room. It was about the same size as mine but the walls weren't padded. Nothing was. There were a bunch of beds, each with a blue piece of cloth covering them. 

"Where's my sister?" I asked. My eyes examined the room until I noticed something. The blue cloth wasn't just covering the beds. 

They were covering the bodies laying on them.