Chapter 8

I groaned in pain and slowly sat up, rubbing my back. It was as if the asylum was protected with some sort of force field. It didn't make sense, none of this did. How was I going to get out of here now? I looked down at my wrist, right above the soar purple line was my ID band. It sickened me, as if I were an official member of this place. I yanked it off and threw it on the ground in disgust.
Trembling, I looked over my shoulder to see if anybody was there, ready to attack, change form, tell me someone else from my life has died, or anything else that has happened today.

I brushed off my tears and got right back up onto my feet. I exited the cafeteria and found myself back where i was before but this time the main desk was empty and nobody was in sight. I didn't question it, this appeared to be my chance. My chance to finally escape from this horrible nightmare. The clock hanging on the wall was ticking loudly as I slowly headed for the main doors.
My pace harmonized with the clock as I worked my way down the never- ending hall. Past the crazy girl's room, which eyeballed me as I walked by. I would be out of here for good, this wall all a mistake. I wasn't crazy.

Something strange was going on. The more I walked down the hallway, the farther and farther the main doors appeased to be. It was like i was walking in the same spot. It was hopeless. There was no way out of here. I looked inside the crazy girl's room and I noticed the evil snarl that grew on her lips, as if she too knew there was no way out. I wished my mom was with me. Although I was furious at her, I needed her comfort at times like this. Even though she always reminded me of how tough and heard headed i was , I needed her.

As if things couldn't get any worse, the lights started to flicker on and off. I looked around for a good hiding spot and scurried under the main desk. Rocking back and forth with my knees pressed against my chin, I closed my eyes. I started shaking as if something possessed my body and I entered a worm whole. Flashes of the demon stabbing Anabelle in the heart and killing my mother while disposing her in a lake rushed through my head. I opened my eyes and inhaled a sharp breath of air. I started coughing like crazy until I was practically wheezing on the floor and throwing up. I reached over for the phone and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Help me!" I coughed. "I'm trapped in an asylum, someone's trying to kill me, please help me."
My voice broke and I began sobbing into the phone.

"Alright ma'am, calm down we've sent police down to investigate and help you." She said. I hung up with a trembling hand and sat there.
Waiting.