Chapter 6

The doctor motioned towards a bed in front of him. I slowly approached it, afraid of what I would find. Fingers trembling, I uncovered the bed and dropped the blue cloth onto the floor. I gasped,bringing my hand to my mouth to muffle my cries.

 I couldn't believe what i was seeing. My heart dropped as a lifeless Anabelle was laying on the bed. Skin pale and ghostly like before, eyes closed revealing the purple veins on her pink eyelids. I brought my ear up to her chest , there was no heartbeat. She was actually dead. How?

"No!" I screamed between my tears.

I ran to the doctor and abruptly shoved him against the wall. I don't know what got into me but all of the anger inside of me was finally leaking through. I picked up a metal rod from one of the autopsy tables and brought it up into the air but before i could smash it against his face , two security guards marched in and picked me up. 

I smashed the rod against their heads and they both went tumbling heavily down onto the floor, releasing me in the process. I pulled my hair back and quickly stood up. The doctor was already running out of the room calling for more security guards. I had to make a run for it, there was no way i was going to stay here. Tears running down my eyes,I rushed past the hall and made way into one of the patient rooms. I quickly shut the door behind me, panting for air. I checked the small window frame to see if anyone was after me. I buried my face into my knees and began crying, pressing my back onto the door and sitting down on the floor. Why was Anabelle dead? What happened to my sister? 

Someone in the room cleared their throat, startling me out of my thoughts and I grabbed the rod in defense. It was a girl about my age, laying on a medal bed. She was clearly miserable and wanted to get out as well.

"Sorry. I didn't know anyone was in here." I brushed away the tears from my face and stood up. 

"It's fine." She chirped in a dainty voice which made me wonder if the girl was actually crazy. I got a closer look at her face and noticed that her eyes were glazed, but she could see me. She giggled to herself.

"I should probably go." I turned to leave but she stopped me.
"No, wait. Please don't leave. I have no one. I'm stuck in this miserable place and I need to get out. Please help me." She sounded desperate. Damn it.

I looked at her with uncertainty but the sudden footsteps running down the hall left me no choice. I didn't have time to think about it. 

I cut the straps that held her onto the bed.