Chapter 12 - Cas is an Angel With a Shotgun

"You shouldn't have let that girl know about me."

Dean looks away from my eyes and swallows, "Well, what are we going to do now? Your sister kinda killed a lot of people."

"It happens." She spins her head around to stare at me with disgust, "It happens? Those are innocent people getting killed, and you're just going to let it happen?"

I sigh and lean forward, closing Deanna's hands in mine, "There is nothing I can do. Anna doesn't talk much with us, and if I yell or fight with her, she's going to cease communication with me. I need information from her, Dean."

"Yeah? Well it's my job to save lives, so I'm going after her. I'll talk to Sam and we leave in the morning. Any idea where she will be?"

I can't just sell out my sister, can I? But Dean, this is her job. I can't stop her from fighting Anna, and she is already slipping away. She's done some bad things already. I need to stop Anna before she sinks too deep from Heaven.

"I'll help." I look down at our hands, stroking my thumb across the skin.

She smiles and kisses me on the forehead, "Thank you. And I finally get to introduce you to the perks of my life."

---------

Deanna pulls out a revolver and throws it to me, I barely wrap my hands around the barrel to catch it. She grabs ammunition and loads my revolver, guiding my hand to the correct way of holding the gun and rests my finger lightly on the trigger for me. I look around the shooting range, jumping back every so often when a gun is fired. I thought Dean would laugh at my constant flinching, but her face is dead serious when she puts earmuffs on herself, and then me. The gun shots are muffled now, but still very loud. She holds my arm in front me, fixing it to the exact position I can fire best at.

"Make sure you're keeping the webbing of your thumb and forefinger high up on the back of the gun, but not too high that it begins to interfere with the slide or hammer of the revolver."

I position my fingers for myself this time, following Deanna's instructions.

"The sighting system on handguns requires that you focus on the front sight to ensure that you are aiming correctly. As long as the front sight is properly aligned with the notch in the rear sight, the bullet will go where you put the front sight."

I nod, adding "front sight" to my list of things I must do to fire a gun.

"Pull the trigger straight back to the rear while gripping the gun correctly and focusing on the front sight. Focus on pulling smoothly and evenly to ensure that the weapon will stay on target during the trigger pull. "

When I finally fire the rifle, I'm violently thrown back by the recoil. Dean helps me up, and I look at the target. I didn't even get close. The ringing in my ears won't stop and I hobble back to my station like a drunk. This is horrible.

"It goes like this, Cas." Dean gets ready, holding the gun easily in both hands. She shoots once and flitches a little, but not much. The dust clears and there is a little bullet hole where the heart would be. It's dead on.

"Okay, how the hell do you even do that?" I'm sweating and She catches me in mid-wobble.

"Aren't you emotional today. Here, let me help you." She fits my hand perfectly again, and wraps her arms around me, guiding me to make a perfect shot. When I pull the trigger, I almost fly back, but Dean's strength keeps me put and the dust slowly clears, revealing a hole on the second line around the bulls eye.

"Not bad," I can practically feel Dean's smirk.

Suddenly two burly men come striding over to us, smiling slightly.

"Well isn't it Dean and her girlfriend." She scowls and lets go of me for a minute, only to wrap her arm around my waist and pull me close.

"Go away. Where ever you go, trouble follows." Deanna hisses

"Same goes for you, missy. I guess it's a curse of being a hunter. Oh, does your girlfriend know? That you fight demons in your free time?"

I stand straight, darting my eyes between the two men. I could easily take them, but not in public.

"I'm an angel of the lord, you asses. I would be careful if I were you." I growl

"Angels?" The blond one bursts out laughing, the other soon to follow. "Next you're gonna tell me there're dragons too!"

I glare up at them, my jaw clenched, fists balled up. They have no idea of my power.

But I must stay ca-

The taller one pulls Dean in and whispers in her ear, "I can give you more fun than her." Dean tries to pull away from him but her holds onto her tight. That's it.

I yell at Dean to cover her eyes, and she does immediately. The power surges through my veins and tingles my finger tips. My true form is bursting through. With one more gasp for air I explode in light, screams echoing through my head as I look around. The two men are passed out on the floor and so is basically everyone else in the shooting range except Deanna, cowering in the corner. I push to sink back into my smaller form and with much effort I succeed, collapsing onto the ground besides Dean, putting a hand her back to reassure her I'm there. She looks up and seeing everyone, their eyes burnt out.

"You did this." She breathes quietly

I nod, staring outside. Sirens can be heard in the distance.

"I told you I'm a monster."