iv.

"Silence scares me it gives me too much time to think."

♢~°•○●●○•°~♢

"Yah." A voice tried to wake Baekhyun up. Baekhyun didn't even bother to wake up. He went to school early today.

He decided to start to go to school early. But he thought he was too early since he's an hour early. And so, he simply slept. "Yah. Wake up." The voice once again said.

"Go away." Baekhyun muttered as he tried to make the person get lost.

"Byun Baekhyun." The voice firmly said. Baekhyun was gonna yell at the person who was trying to wake him up until 一 "it's Kim Taeyeon."

Baekhyun immediately woke up and looked up, squinting his eyes, realizing that yes 一 it was Kim Taeyeon. "What do you need?" Baekhyun retorted. Taeyeon then dropped her favorite book on top of his desk and sat besides him. "What's this?" He asked, holding the book.

"A book." Taeyeon responded.

'You should've known how she answers.' Baekhyun thought. "And where would I use it? Why did you give it to me?"

"Your friend earlier, I think that Jong In boy, approached me, telling me that you like what I like." Taeyeon said and looked at Baekhyun straight, they made eye contact, and Baekhyun just couldn't control his heartbeat, "so I assume we'd get along. If you don't want to read that, it's fine. Just return it."

Baekhyun stared at the book for a while. 'Broken To Pieces' he read the title in his head. He read the introduction of the book.

He was broken.
She was complete.
She completed him.
He broke her.

But she still loved him with all her heart 一 even if she was broken to pieces.

"You read this?" Baekhyun asked, Taeyeon nodded.

"I like it. I assume you'd love it since your friend said that we both have the same interests."

"I'll read it in some spare time." Baekhyun said and placed the book inside his bag.

They both became silent. Just until Taeyeon started singing. Baekhyun looked at her and realized that she was wearing earphones. The male wasn't familiar with the song she was singing.

A/N: Taeng was singing 'Feel So Fine', her own song.

"What song is that?" Baekhyun asked, Taeyeon then looked at him coldly, raising one eyebrow as she removed an earphone from her ear, "I like it." He said.

He wasn't lying when he said he liked it. He enjoyed the tempo. "I wrote it." Taeyeon simply said, averting her attention back to her cellphone.

Baekhyun was stunned. He didn't know that she wrote songs. "Do you still write songs?" Baekhyun asked. He wanted to punch himself, he thought he was being too talkative.

"No." Taeyeon simply said.

He didn't know why but, he felt disappointed. Probably because he wanted to hear more from her. Baekhyun then stared at Taeyeon. Taeyeon knew that he wa staring at her through her peripheral vision. She felt annoyed.

When she turned towards him, Baekhyun then extended his arm and he fixed something from Taeyeon's hair. 'Too close . . .' Taeyeon thought. She was never that close to a guy before. Baekhyun was the first to even dare to touch her without her permission. Fraternities are exceptional.

Baekhyun the realized that Taeyeon was staring at him. Baekhyun then looked at her, realizing that they were too close. Only inches away from each other. "There was something on your hair." Baekhyun explained and leaned back, continouing what he was doing earlier.

Taeyeon swallowed and invisible lump; gulping. She didn't know how to react, so she only managed to blurt something out, "Careful." She said, earning Baekhyun's attention, "not too close or maybe . . ." She smirked, "you'd fall for me." She then looked at Baekhyun. She wanted to laugh at his priceless reaction.

He seemed like he was just busted by the cops. "Or maybe . . ." She smirked even wider, "you already did fall for me."

Silence.

That was the only thing present around their atmosphere. "Hm. I didn't know a jerk couldn't take a joke." She snorted as she averted her gaze back to her phone.

"Who said I'm a jerk?" Baekhyun asked.

Taeyeon then stared at him with a 'are you fvcking serious' look. "People say we're alike. So you must be a jerk as well." Taeyeon told him.

"You're a troublemaker too, aren't you?" Baekhyun asked.

"Is it my fault if I don't want to play as the weak damsel in distress?"

"Don't you want a prince?"

"I'm a queen. I don't need a prince."

"If that's the case," Baekhyun said, "can I play the role of your king then?"

Taeyeon stopped at that moment. It was the first time a man ever said those kinds of things to her. "If you let me play the role of being yours." Of couse Taeyeon knew how to play the little game he's commencing. She didn't want to lose.

Baekhyun was speechless for a few seconds, "So can I ask you," he looked at her straight, "can you play the role of being mine?"

Taeyeon just smirked at what he said, 'He's an interesting person to engage a conversation with.' She thought as she leaned close to him. As mentioned earlier, she didn't want to lose. "If that's the case then from now on," Taeyeon said, "I'm yours." Baekhyun seemed to be speechless at her statement.

He didn't know what ot how to respond. Of course he knew that she was joking in a way but still . . . It made him feel . . . Different. "Men are weird." Taeyeon suddenly blurted out.

"Women are weirder." Baekhyun suddenly said. His eyes already mentally widened, he mentally face palmed and cursed at himself. 'Sh*t. You just had to be yourself, huh?!'

Taeyeon then cocked an eyebrow, she seemed surprised at what Baekhyun just said, "How can you say that? Men are weird. Especially at expressing their feelings. I don't even get you men sometimes. You react at the silliest ways at our jokes. Like the joke I told you earlier."

"Women are weirder. They make us fall."

"Fall?"

"Fall head-over-heels for women."

"Example?"

"You." Baekhyun said in a serious manner, "you made me fall head-over-heels for you."

♢~°•○●●○•°~♢

"In the way we are weakened, we are made stronger."