x.

"He was her first yet her last."

♢~°•○●●○•°~♢

Baekhyun stared at the book that Taeyeon lent him, he smiled, thinking he gained triumph for he has finally finished reading it. He felt disappointed for the ending at first, since the two main characters, Bailey and Tanya, remained as friends. Good thing he read the epilogue, and found out that they managed to meet again and finally . . . end up together.

Before the class started, Baekhyun already went inside, he didn't want to be late 一 well, it was a first. He hoped that he would see Taeyeon inside, he wanted to hit himself 一 And why on Earth would Taeyeon be on time at Mathematics?

And there, he just simply sat down, awaiting their teacher. His female classmates gossiped about him, spreading rumors that he already had a girlfriend and stuff like that 一 when in reality, they were fantisizing that they would be the girlfriend of the Byun Baekhyun of the campus heartthrob group, EXO.

Being a girlfriend of a member of EXO would be a big privilege for them. But four out of twelve of EXO's already taken . . .

Three being taken by heart, and one being already taken officially. Obviously Baekhyun's one of the men who's taken by heart. They aren't official yet. He just said that Taeyeon was his girlfriend in front of Jiha, but of course, he still wanted to win her fair and square.

Time passed fast, it was already half of the class when Taeyeon managed to show up 一 with Chanyeol. Baekhyun had his brows knitted together as he stared at the two. He saw how Chanyeol looked at Taeyeon.

They . . . look good together. He hated to admit. But he just had to. They did look good together and that just made him become somehow broody all of the sudden. His mood changed in a millisecond, and there he was again being the normal Baekhyun.

Being cold and being an absolute . . . jerk.

"Mind explaining why the two of you are late?" Their teacher cocked a brow at them.

"Well, we 一 "

"He kept on bugging me and so I punched him in the face, he then bugged me to take him to the clinic and I was forced to do it." Taeyeon retorted and continued to enter the classroom and sit besides Baekhyun since he was her seatmate after all.

Baekhyun the glanced at Chanyeol and realized that he did have a bandage on his lower right cheek. But still, he scoffed at the thought. Forced to do it? And when was Taeyeon forced to do something? She'd do anything as she pleases. He continued to drown in his thoughts.

"You better be thankful that you gained a perfect score on my quiz."

Taeyeon stopped for a moment 一 she got a perfect on a quiz? Well, not to brag but she can do it, but she thinks that having perfect scores all the time would be boring, and the nerds would target her, so as they're battling for grades she'd just lay low despite her incredible hidden intelligence.

But still, of all subjects, she hated Mathematics the most. That's the one subject that she admits that she won't get a perfect score on. But then it hit her 一 Baekhyun. She thought, remembering that Baekhyun leant her the answers.

She then glanced at Baekhyun who just kept a straight face, staring at the chalk board in from of  the classroom. Besides Taeyeon, the nerds and Baekhyun also got a perfect score. Which was a big surprise to their subject teacher.

Reality was, Baekhyun noticed that Taeyeon was getting sleepy that day, and of course, he knew how their subject works. Of course their teacher would throw a surprise quiz at them. He forced himself to stay up and understand the lesson.

For her.

Taeyeon the tapped Baekhyun's shoulder, he looked at her in a uninterested way, raising both of his eyebrows. "Thanks." Taeyeon smiled at him.

Usually, most males would ignore females since they're crossed with them. But even though he was crossed with her, seeing her smile was what made him soft.

He smiled back, "No problem." He smiled back and ruffled her hair.

Taeyeon was glad that he was her friend. And sure, she wanted more. Maybe closer? But she just couldn't lay a finger on how close, though.

She then remember what Baekhyun told Jiha earlier . . . "Baekhyun?" Taeyeon called him.

"Just call me Baek."

"I prefer Baekhyun since we aren't that close yet," Taeyeon told him, "once I feel like I am beginning to loosen up to you, I'll give you a nickname that I'd call you."

And by that, Baekhyun nodded. He noted that. He wanted Taeyeon to give him a nickname quickly 一 so he knows that Taeyeon fully trusts him. He understands why she doesn't trust people too much, and he respects that.

"Excuse me, class." Their teacher said and answered his phone, exiting the class.

"Anyway," Taeyeon then continued, "about what you told Jiha earlier, that was not cool 一 "

"Did it affect you?" Baekhyun asked, imagining that Taeyeon would respond with a no and that he'd tell her to not worry about since it didn't affect her.

"Of course it did." Taeyeon responded. Leaving Baekhyun's jaws hanging. The male quickly recomposed himself and cleared his throat.

It affected her. "H-How did it affect you?"

"I felt different. Somewhere in my stomach and . . ." She stopped for a moment, "well, I don't know. I just felt different, you should definitely tell Jihwan that I am not your girlfriend and that you were just kidding 一 "

"It's Jiha."

"Whatever."

"So wait, you felt weird? Somewhere in your . . . stomach?" He asked her. Taeyeon then nodded in embarassment.

She couldn't clearly comprehend why she felt ashamed of what she felt all of the sudden. She, herself, doesn't know what she was actually feeling, anyway.

Butterflies in her stomach? Did she actually feel that? Or am I just assuming to much? The male continued to think.

"J-Just take what you said back." Taeyeon muttered as she looked away and darted her eyes towards the chalk board.

Baekhyun smiled widely before nodding and also darting his eyes towards the chalk board. And from a distance, someone was observing them. He frowned seeing them. Of all people . . . Chanyeol thought, why does it have to be Taeyeon, Baek?

Yes they looked good together. But he couldn't erase the fact that Taeyeon and Baekhyun looked perfect for each other.

Too perfect for each other.

Chanyeol simply glanced at them from afar. "Stuttering now are we?" The male smirked, slightly teasing the female. "Just tell me if you want to make it official, I have no problem 一 "

"Nah, no thanks," Taeyeon shrugged, leaning on her seat comfortably.

Baekhyun just smiled at her action, she found it somehow cute. Ah, how in the world did I ever like this girl? He then thought.

♢~°•○●●○°~♢

"She was his first yet his last."