2. || ღ Pain ღ || FFVII:DOC//Nero

Nero grunted again, the pain was building steadily in his body again, but it was nothing like the one in his heart. A pain he didn't think existed at all except in made-up stories.

Footsteps caused his crimson eyes to glance up, half expecting another DeepGround soldier to come and gawk at the "freak tied to a pole." It wasn't his fault it was that the Restrictors confined him here.

Surprise took over his visible features as the purple-haired Lillian the Amethyst, the newest of the Tsviets, appeared a thick worn out book under her arm.

"Why are you here, woman?" he grunts out, trying to bite down the scream building from the pain in his body that the darkness caused.

"Don't be silly, Nero, call me Lillian!" She answered nonchalantly throwing herself down at the bottom of his pole [really it was just a beam to keep the ceiling up that he was chained to] and thumbing through the book's pages.

"That doesn't... answer my question." Nero demanded, eyes narrowing at the fact that he could only see a fraction of her in his vision now.

"I'm hear to read you a story and to keep you company, of course!" The smile she sent his way managed to catch his attention and some of the pain in his heart lessened.