Chapter 12: Wings and Weapons

"Elijah!" Xander yells. "What the hell is wrong with her fucking wings?!?"

"I don't know."

"Why the hell do you not know?!?" Xander is clearly alarmed.

"I don't know. The demon's wings aren't even like that. I don't know. It's almost like..." Elijah trails off.

"Like what?!?" Xander screams, snapping Elijah out of a daze.

"It's almost like her wings were burnt. They're supposed to be longer. What if she went to hell before they brought her here, to earth? I don't know if she can fly-"

"What?!? She has to be able to fly! That is not an option!-" Xander yells, rudely interrupting Elijah.

"If you would let me finish," Elijah says loud enough to stop Xander's rant, "if she can fly, she'll have to learn to deal with carrying her whole weight on her wings."

"So, how am I going to learn how to fly again?" I ask, genuinely curious.

"Like this," Elijah says, pulling a lever, making the floor give way.

I start screaming until I realize that I'm not falling anymore. I really need to remember to watch my step down here.

"Now we just need you to control your wings. You're unusual, anger is the force behind your wings. You have to change that. You can command them, but it's hard to do that. Especially for a starter," Elijah explains.

I bet I can do that, I think to myself. I wanna fly. Nothing happens.

"You're trying to do it, aren't you?" Elijah asks.

"No!" I lie, feeling heat rise to my cheeks.

"You two look the same when you're lying," Elijah says, shaking his head.

"Fine, you caught me," I say I just want to get out of here I think to myself again.

All of the sudden I feel my shoulder blades moving. Oh my god that's weird.

The boys look at me weirdly. "What?" I ask. "I just asked myself to get out of here."

"You forgot to mention that she's crazy smart," Elijah whispers to Xander, clearly not quiet enough.

"I heard that!" I sing, making both of them blush.

"It's okay. I just catch on quickly," I say, reassuring Elijah.

"Times like this I wish you weren't my sister," Xander says.

"Of course you do," I say, rolling my eyes.

"What's next on the agenda?" I ask after waiting a few minutes for the guys to finish talking.

"Weapons," Elijah says, rubbing his hands together excitedly.

"Oh dear god," I say, putting my face in my palm.

We all walk over to a set of French doors, Elijah opens them and I see weapons covering almost every part of the wall. If there aren't are places in the wall that pull out, revealing more weapons.

I'm definitely going to hurt myself in here.

"Are you sure you want me in here?" I ask. "I think I'm too clumsy. I could hurt myself."

"You'll be fine. Plus, as soon as we get out of here, we'll get you an outfit," he says, trying to take my mind off of the weapons in front of me.

"Now, do you know anything about fighting, Meghan?" He asks me.

"A little bit. My mum taught me self defense," I answer.

"Okay. Do you know how to use this?" Elijah asks, showing me a long, engraved blade which seemed to be glimmering in his hand.

"N-no," I say, shaking my head.

"It's okay, Meg," Xander says. All of the sudden he puts his arms around me and I feel calm.

"Thanks," I say as he pulls away.

"You're welcome. You got this," he nudges me towards the blade.

Elijah gently hands me the blade. It feels good in my hand, like it was meant to be. As soon as I thought that, the blade started to glow, almost like it was claiming me as its owner.

"What was that?" I asked.

"It's your blade. All you need now is a short blade," Elijah explains. He hands me the sister sword to the one he already gave me and handed me something that looked like of like a Swiss-army knife. The knife glowed like the blades before and I knew that they were mine.

"Ready for your outfit?" Xavier asked me, following Elijah out of the rooms we came through.

"I guess so."