Chapter 13: The Hotel

We spent about an hour searching for an outfit that we could all agree on. I finally decided to wear a solid-black, fitting shirt with a deep V-neck and an open back with black leggings that brought out every curve in my perfectly sculpted body.

I have to admit that I do look nice.

My hair is naturally thick and wavy, and it just looks beautiful.

We fly back to the top floor and it was just how we left it. It doesn't look like any time passed by at all.

"Elijah can control time. It's like a power that he has," Xander explains, sensing my confusion.

"I see you visited Elijah," Jared said, walking up to us.

He takes his time looking at me, lingering a bit at my hips and my chest.

"Do I look okay?" I ask, shaking him out of his daze.

"Wh-what? Oh yeah. You look phenomenal," Jared says, stuttering a bit.

I giggle a bit, "Good. Where are we going?"

"We are about to run again, except this time, I assume you know how to fly," Jared explains.

"Yeah. I do now," I reassure him.

"Good, because we're going right.." he checks his watch. "Now."

Suddenly I look across the room and see that the wall opposite of us is gone and there's a path made for us to go.

All of us start sprinting by the time we get to where the wall once was, we're all flying.

I'm flying.

"Follow me!" Jared yells back at us, making sure we hear him when he catches a glimpse of my wings and he slows down.

"What's up with her wings?!?" Jared screams at us.

"Tell you later!" Xander booms.

We fly for what feels like forever when we finally stop at an old, abandoned motel in the middle of nowhere.

As soon as we walk in, I hear someone boom, "Jared! Xander! You two need to be on protection duty more often.

"Hi, dad," Jared sighs.

"Hi, Gabriel," Xander says.

"And who's this beautiful young lady?" Jared's dad walks out from behind the counter.

"I'm Meghan," I introduce myself. "Nice to meet you, sir."

"Oh, sir," he says, dragging out the 'sir' and winking at Jared."Why's she here?"

"She's the missing child. She's Rafael's daughter," Jared explains. Does everyone know about me?

"Oh, yes," he says, running behind his desk, pushing a few buttons.

"I'm sorry for that, this is our version of a safe house, and I needed to make sure that no one could track you," Gabriel says, rambling on and on.

"Meg," I hear Jared say.

"Y-yeah?" I ask.

"Where do you want to stay? We have the whole place to ourselves."

"Umm, I don't know," I shrug, "What do you suggest?"

"Your best room, father, please?" Jared asks his dad.

"Of course! Only the best for my son and his friends," Gabriel murmurs

"Thank you, sir," I say.

"You're welcome, and please, call me Gabe."

Jared and his dad escort me to my room, Xander following suit, 

"Here you go, darling," Gabe says, unlocking a door and showing me inside.  I walk in to what seems like a living room with a couch and a TV. right off of the main room is a bedroom with what has to be a king size bed and an ensuite. there's a separate bathroom for guests branching off the other side of the main room. The rooms are huge, almost like a honeymoon suite.

"I can't stay here. Not alone, at least," I say, still in awe of the whole place.

"It's okay. You won't be alone," Gabe says.

"Yeah," Jared says, agreeing with his dad.

"I will be here during the day, and Jared will stay here at night," Xander explains to me, "Just for precaution."

Jared walks over and plops down on the couch and turns the tv on. "What?" he asks as Xander glares at him from behind me.

Xander crosses his arms and spits, "Maybe you should be less concerned with the tv and more concerned about Meg."

"Xander, it's okay. Jared can have some fun too," I say while walking to the couch to watch tv with Jared.

"Fine," Xander sighs, "Whatever you say."

Xander and Gabe left so that I could get some sleep, but I chose to stay up and watch Shadowhunters reruns with Jared. How ironic.

"Well, I'm tired," I say about three hours later, "I think I'm going to go to bed."

"Okay, beautiful. Sleep well," Jared says to me