Chapter 13

The lights turn out, and when no more noise could be heard, Katie scrambled over to me as fast as possible.

   "I can't believe it! Me and J-Hope are dating! He is the sweetest guys ever, he told me that I'm the key to his heart! I'm soo happy here Natalie! I think I'm gonna stay here." She says, grasping my hands as tight as ever.

   "I'm soo hapoy for you Katie! Honestly!But that means I'll be left at the apartment by myself,  and what about your parents? I mean, what are you gonna tell them?" I say, now kinda sad, because I'll be left alone everyday at the apartment,  and her parents hate kpop.

   What would they do if they found out that Katie was dating a Kpop IDOL?

   "Oh, well they can't boss me around my whole life, I'm twenty-one already, I'm legally free to go wherever I want, and I'm not living here at their house silly, I mean I'm going to stay here in Korea!"

   "I want to stay too, this has been the best day of my life and I don't want it to end, but what would I tell my mom? I mean, she'd be heartbroken."

   "Natalie, just tell her the truth. You want to stay in South Korea with me, and that I'll make sure your well taken care of, she can just pack your stuff up, and when you come to visit them, you can pick them up!"

  Internal and external struggles are filling me with stress. I don't know what to do. I want to stay, but my parents feelings would be hurt.

   Katie grasps my shoulders, and lifts my chin up saying," Look, I know that its going to be hard, but everybody has to leave the nest sooner or later right?  I mean, they still have eachother. Their not going to be alone. It's going to be okay. Just call your mom in the morning and tell her and your dad."

   "....okay...okay I will." I reply nodding my head.

   We take off our shoes, and Katie jumps back onto the loveseat. I put the covers over me, and try to sleep, but I can't.

   An hour goes by, and I'm still tossing and turning, when suddenly a hand covers my mouth. It's Jungkook.

   "Shhhh, come with me, I wanna show you something." He whispers, slowly removing his hand from my mouth.

   He takes my hand, and we quietly walk out of the house. He takes me to the backyard of the house, which is huge considering Korea is very compacted.

   A pool the length of a bus is in the back with pink and blue lights shining under the water. Multiple flowers of all kinds fill an entire fence side. Inbetween the flowers is a little rock fountain, going down a stream. We walk past the pool, and a pavilion with little flower shaped lights hanging from it stands in the middle of everything.

   "Oh my god, Jungkook this looks amazing! I had no idea that you guys would have such a beautiful backyard!" I exclaim.

   "Yeah, I love to come out here at night, and just look up at the stars, finding every constellation possible." He replies smiling. The Moon makes his tweth glow extra white in the night.

   We lay down in the soft grass, and look up. The night is beautiful, I've never really thought of ever just laying down and picking out constellations.

   "Natalie, do you ever think, that there's a whole different world beyond ours with different species, and they sit there looking up in their sky thinking 'I wonder if we really are alone in this universe?' I mean hypothetically." He asks, suprising me since I'm use to the silly makenae, not the serious one.

   "Actually, yeah, in a way. I mean, not looking up in the sky, but yeah. We couldn't possibly be alone in this entire universe." I reply, now looking at him. His brown hair shined in the moonlight, giving it a partial caramel color. His eyes twinkle in the night sky as he smiles at me. Silence fills the air for a couple of minutes as we look at eachother, and I feel soo weird, but then again I don't, because he's still staring back.

   "Natalie, do you think I'd ever have a chance to know the true meaning of love?" He asks now leaning his head on his arm facing me. He seems sad, but nervous.

   I lay there for a couple of seconds, thinking why he would ask that, but i reply,"Of course you will Kookie, you just haven't found the right girl yet,but when you do, she'll be the luckiest girl alive." I say, deciding to give him a nickname to enlighten the mood.

   Suddenly, he leans in, and is kissing me. Desperately, but passionately. I hesitate for a moment, unsure if this is right, but then I find myself kissing him back. The warmth of his lips, keeps making me want more. The mint smell of his breath is making me go insane. I can feel his body heat as he grabs my waist. Our bodies are pressed against eachother, not leaving an inch between us.

    But he suddenly jerks back with a shocked and confused look upon his face." I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that."

   He quickly gets up, leaving me I'm the yard, completely stupified. I don't go after him, but I want to. I don't know what to say. I would have never thought that he likes me. I like him, but I like the others as well. Was that right? Did the maknae kiss me too? What's happening here?