Chapter 2

"Harold!" Niall called out into the Style's House.

"STOP CALLING ME HAROLD! YOU FLOWER!" Harry, Niall best friend, replied. Which had Niall almost double over in laughter, but remembering the small puppy in his arms he didn't. The lad trotted upstairs to Harry's room finding him sitting on a grey beanbag and playing Super Mario Bros

"No, no, no. NO!" Harry yelled at his TV screen when Mario bounced off a mushroom into his video game death. Harry set down the controller and twisted around to face Niall. He opened his mouth but so closed it when his green eyes trailed down to the dog in Niall's arms.

"Um, Niall, when did you get a dog?" He asked slightly tilting his to the side, looking much like a dog himself. Niall simply giggled like a school girl. "He isn't my dog. I found him on the pavement and I couldn't leave him alone to die. I figured I could find his owner or help him get a new owner." Niall said.

Harry blinked a couple times and ran a hand through his curly hair. "Niall, you can't just pick a dog off the street. He could have rabies, or some other sickness."

Liam's perked his ears up at the word rabies and barked unhappily. He was protesting that he didn't have anything wrong with him.

Niall chuckled. "I think the pup disagrees with you." Harry just sighed.

"Fine, but if you get mad dog diseases don't say I didn't warn you."

"It's mad cow. There's no mad dog. And I don't think he has anything wrong with him."

"Whatever."

There was silence for a few moments. Niall wasn't sure how to break it and Harry was upset so he certainly wasn't going to break it. Liam was a dog so he couldn't anything.

"You know," Niall broke the silence. "I need to name him. I can't just be calling him a puppy all the time. Want to help me name him?" Harry frowned for a few seconds but smiled and reached over to grab the green beanbag for Niall and his new puppy and motioned them to sit.

Niall sat and Liam curled up on Niall's lap.

"What should I name him?" Niall asked Harry and then to Liam he asked: "What should I name you?"

"Louis!" Harry cried out happily.

"No I'm not naming the puppy after your boyfriend."

"Awh, why not? My name is a wonderful name, especially for an animal." A boy about 20 sat cross legged next to Harry and looked at the puppy in Niall's lap. "When'd you get the little guy?" He asked curiously.

"Today, I found him alone on the pavement."

Louis nodded. "I take it you're naming him now and Louis has been ruled out. And just when I had come with gifts of candy." Louis sighed and pulled a plastic bag from behind him.

"But, but. He doesn't look like a Louis." Niall protested, whimpering slightly at the bag wanting its contents.

"I have to agree with him. The pup doesn't look like a Louis. Louis is more for a sausage dog."

Louis chuckled and threw Niall a bag of Oreos and to Harry he handed some peanut buttercups.

"What about Will?" Niall asked with a mouth full of Oreos.

"Nah." Both Louis and Harry said.

Louis smirked and said: "We could name Liam."

"What?! But-" Niall was cut off by the happy bark of the puppy in his lap. His tail was waging and Louis' smirk grew.

"See, he likes it."

"But-"

"He does look like a Liam. Sorry Niall." Harry glanced sadly at Niall. All three boys knew about Niall's crush on Liam Payne. Louis would tease him about it while Harry would glance sadly at Niall.