Chapter 4

"Niall Horan and Zayn Malik." The words rung in Niall's ears, how was he supposed to work with Zayn? The famous Bradford bad boy. Niall stared at the raven haired boy and the boy determinedly stared at the teacher. There was an angry glint in the boy's eyes, like he was trying to murder the teacher with his eyes. Niall gulped nervously and moved seats to sit next to Zayn, setting his books down as quietly as he could as to not set off the boy. Neither boy said anything for the remainder of the class, the lilac haired boy just doodling and the raven shooting daggers at the teacher. Finally when there was only five minutes left in class the raven haired boy turned to the blonde. Zayn sighed and ran a hand through his hair. There was an awkward silence as both boys stared at each other. Not quite knowing what to say.

"I'll meet you at you're house later so we can work on this." Zayn said at last, Niall still not knowing what to say just nodded. The boy looked at him expectedly and he looked back confused.

The raven hair boy sighed and buried his head in his hands. After a couple moments of why me? Thoughts he looked back up at the blonde. "I need your address to get to your house, idiot."

"Oh! Right, I knew that." The blonde tore off a piece of paper from the corner of his book and scribbled down the address. He handed to Zayn.

"Yeah, sure you did." Zayn's voice said, dripping with sarcasm.

Niall wasn't sure of what to do next, but luckily he was saved by the bell going off. In a flash Niall packed up his things, said a quick bye to Zayn, and ran out the classroom. He didn't want to spend more time with his, rather confusing at the moment' bully. Really what the blonde wanted was to talk to this with his two best friends, but neither of them were in his classes and the only time they got to hang out in school was at lunch.

The rest of the day went on as normal, normal being pretty boring. Niall was thankful when school came to an end. He exited out the door of the school, stretched and saw his two best friends making out against his car. Surprisingly the flower crown from earlier was still in Louis' hair. Niall had heard some gossip from the girls in his last class about how hot Louis looked in, but he didn't expect to see it still in the brunet’s feathery hair. But never the less, the flower crown on top of Louis' head didn't change the fact that he was making out with his boyfriend on Niall's car.

"Do you really have to do it on my car?" Niall whined slightly and both boys pulled away quickly.

"Yes Niall." Louis said and then gave Harry another kiss.

"Gross! Do that on someone else's car." Niall quickly placed a hand over his blue eyes.

"Niall," Harry had spoken up now. "You can open your eyes."

Niall peeked through his fingers at the boyfriends. They were standing there looking innocent so the boy moved his hand away from his face. Louis began whistling a small tune; to Niall the brunet was trying too hard to look innocent. Blue eyes stared at the brunet warily before looking back to Harry.

"Harry, you'll never guess what happened. I got Zayn as my art partner." Niall said quickly and both Louis and Harry snapped their full attention to Niall.

“As in Zayn Malik the Bradford bad boy, also as in Zayn Malik the one who bullies you, that Zayn?" Harry's emerald eyes were wide. He was afraid for his friend. Dealing with Zayn was not something Harry ever wanted to do.

Niall nodded. Louis opened his mouth to say something, but then decided against it and closed his mouth.

***

The silence in the car was unbearable. Louis and Harry were still shocked that the person who torments their best friend is forced to work with him by a teacher for an art project. Niall....Well he was nervous.

Niall had dropped the off at Harry's house, much to the curly boy's objections. Harry wanted to stay and make sure Niall didn't get hurt, but the lilac haired boy basically shoved him out saying something along the lines of "I'll be fine." even if he wasn't sure about it himself. When he was home he tried to do his normal thing. Eat, not do homework, play fifa, not do homework, but he was way too nervous about this and he didn't even know when Zayn would be arriving. He did feed Liam. Niall hadn't forgotten about the puppy.

While Niall was passing in front of the door mumbling to himself, Liam was sat watching him. He titled his head to the side. Liam was trying to figure out what was bothering the lilac haired boy.

The doorbell rung and Niall raced to the door. He opened it and Liam being the curious puppy/human he is/was padded over to see who it was. He was surprised to see his best friend standing there. Well probably ex-best friend now.

"Ready to get started?" The raven haired boy asked. 

__________________

idk i felt the need to update but this was all I had. so yeah. have this chapter. i'll try to make the next one better.