Chapter 8

School, wasn't something Liam really wanted to do that day, but his mum came knocking on his door and forced him up and getting ready for school. She had said about him missing enough school when he pulled his disappearing act so he better pick up the slack.

See as Liam was consider a bad boy and a punk. That was just because of the tattoos and hanging out with Zayn. Really he was a bit of a momma's boy. Plus his mum could be way scarier than he ever could. So he grumbled a bit, but did as she said. He trudge down stairs and sat at the table where his mum had set a bowl of cheerios for him.

Though as he ate his cereal his mum stared at him. He tried to ignore it and be how his reputation perceived him, but he crumbled. It was the stare; he mum had a good stare.

"I'm sorry okay! Please, just stop giving me your stare." He cried out and pouted. Liam gave his mum his puppy dog eyes, which had gotten better after actually being a puppy. While his mum had her stare, he had puppy dog eyes and neither person could last long under the other's look.

"Okay, sweetie, you’re forgiven. Just be sure to pick up your grades!" She said as she got up and started cleaning the kitchen.

Liam sighed in relief and finished up his cereal. He grabbed the bowl, spoon, and put them both in the dishwasher. Giving a quick peck on the cheek to his mum Liam left for school.

He walked, as he always does when he and Zayn are having a fight. Even if they weren't Liam doesn't think he could've ridden with Zayn after he had upset Niall. He didn't even know what the male had said, all he knew was Niall reaction and that it wasn't good. So no, he was going to avoid Zayn that day.

He arrived at school a bit late. Entering into first period English everyone's head turned to look. A collective gasp could be heard. Liam could guess why. He had basically gone missing for a couple days and he almost never showed up for class a little bit late, it was always very late or not at all.

"Liam! Nice to see you somewhat on time for class. Please take a seat and turn to page 394." The teacher, Mr. Lester said with a smile. Liam liked this teacher. He was one of the nicer ones besides Mr. Howell. Those two were the nicest.

Liam took a seat in the back and opened his book. He read the entire book in summer so he knew what was happing and had no worry.

***

By lunch everyone knew Liam was back. Word had spread and everyone was staring at the boy. He ignored them all and ate his sandwich in peace. That was until Zayn showed up.

"Go away." Liam voiced was filled with venom. Zayn didn't even react much. He just had this desperate look on his face,

"Liam, I’m sorry! I'm sorry about what I did to and what I said to Niall. Okay? I swear I won't do it again. I'll ignore the guy, but IT won't bother him. Please, I just want my friend back. While you spending your time being a puppy and protecting Niall I was thinking and I'll stop. I miss you." He voice was desperate and sounded like he was close to tears. Zayn's brown eyes were glossy with tears.

Liam looked at Zayn. Really he was shocked. Zayn was going to stop and he knew that Liam had been a puppy.

"Okay, we’re friends again. But how the hell did you know I was the puppy?"

Zayn smiled and wiped the tears from his eyes. "It wasn't that hard to figure out. You and the pup had the same eyes. Also Niall mysteriously finds a pet on the street around the same time my best friend goes missing and now I'm guessing that same pup is going to be missing again?"

Liam shook his head and chuckled. This was the Zayn he missed.

"ZAYN FUCKING MALIK!" A high pitched voice yelled, because both Liam and Zayn to look up at the short Carmel brown haired boy walked to them. "How fucking dare you! What did Niall EVER do to YOU? Oh wait NOTHING! So why? Why would you say those words to him? And don't play dumb with me you know exactly what words!" Louis was fuming in front of them and Zayn, well. Zayn was a bit scared. No one in the school had seen Louis like this.