Chapter 14

kay firstly, thank you to cassy351 (on ao3) for the amazing idea of Liam asking Niall to marry him by giving him a puppy with the ring on the collar. yup okay that's all i gotta say. now for the final chapter.

It had been three years since Niall and Liam's first date. In that time the two went on many more dates, Liam became good friends with Louis and Harry. In a drunken night of bets, challenges, and some heartfelt moments that neither boy would admit happened, Zayn and Niall actually became friends, despite Zayn's decision to hate the boy. Niall never did figure out why Zayn hated him, but it wasn't too big of an issue in his life. His biggest issue was finding a flat. He and Liam were going to move in together.

The day it happened Louis, Zayn and Harry had basically kidnap Niall for a day of adventures instead of flat hunting. They went to arcades where Zayn kicked Niall's butt in ski ball, Niall beat Harry in a dance game, and Louis got a stuffed monkey for Harry. At dinner Niall and Zayn were debating if puppies or kittens were cuter. Zayn was on the side of kittens, with Niall on the puppies' side.

Just as the debate was reaching a climax Liam appeared in normal attire. The boy had stopped with primarily wearing black, but he kept his signature leather jacket. He snuck up behind Niall and covered the blond's blue eyes with his hands. "Guess who!" He sing-songed.

"Uh, David Beckhem!" Niall giggled like a little kid which got him fond looks from everyone in their group. Liam chuckled and removed his hands.

"Nope, it's me, your boyfriend." Niall was never going to get enough of Liam saying that he was Niall's boyfriend. Not that it was going to keep him from teasing his boyfriend a little bit.

The boy forced a pout onto his face. "Awh, I was hoping for David. He's pretty hot."

Everyone erupted into laughter and Liam simply shook his head. "C'mon you loser, I have a surprise for you."

"Firstly, I'm not a loser, you're the loser. Secondly, I haven't gotten my food yet. Thirdly, I have no third." Niall objected, but Liam was having none of it.

He instructed Harry to deliver Niall's food to him that night and then picked Niall up bridal style. Niall was a giggly mess after being picked up. Liam gently set Niall down in his car. Once Niall was safe in, Liam got in and began to drive. Niall watched as the scenery of London passed by him. He didn't know where Liam was taking him, but he trusted his boyfriend.

Soon Liam stopped in front of a flat complex. Niall looked to Liam and the boy looked back with a grin on his face. "C'mon." Was all Liam said before getting out the car and leading Niall up flights of stairs.

They were only halfway up and Niall was already tired. He said as much making Liam smile and offer the blond a piggy-back ride. Niall accepted. As soon as he was up he yelled "Onward trusty stead!" Making Liam laughed, but go anyway.

It wasn't long before they were in front of a door. Niall slipped down from Liam onto his face. He looked at the brunet with confused prominent in his facial features. The boy grinned and produced a key. He handed it to Niall and motioned for him to unlock the door.

As soon as Niall did and opened the door he was greeted by a small brown puppy. Instantly reminding him of Liam the puppy, he let out a squeal and dropped to his knees to pet the pup. As he played with the puppy in the doorway Liam watched with a found smile on his face. He was simply waiting.

When Niall finally looked into the flat he found that it already had furniture inside. He recognized it as some of Liam's and some as ones he'd liked when he and Liam went shopping once because Liam needed a new desk. He looked from the flat then to Liam. The blond got to his feet and Liam took a hold of Niall's hands. The puppy ran back into the flat.

"Still wanna move in with me?" Liam didn't even need to ask as Niall immediately crashed his lips with Liam's. Once they broke off the kiss. "I take that as a yes." He breathed out. Niall raced into the flat and looked around. He saw the puppy lying on the sofa and petted it as he looked around. Niall moved into the other rooms with a smile on his face. Liam waited in the entry way.

Niall came back out. "This place is perfect!"

The brunet grinned even move. "Good, it's ours. The puppy even comes free."

"He reminds of one I had a couple years ago." Niall admitted and moved back to the puppy. He picked the pup up and cooed at it.

Liam chuckled. "I know. I was the puppy."

"Wait, you were puppy Liam?" Niall stopped his cooing to stare at Liam. The brunet nodded. "So that's why you have the best puppy dog look."

As the puppy started licking Niall's face, out of the corner of his eye he saw something sparkle. He moved his hand to grab the sparkly thing. He closed his hand around the object and gently removed it from the pups collar where it had been attached. He placed the puppy onto the sofa and looked at his closed palm. He slowly opened it to find a sliver ring. Niall looked at the ring then at Liam, then back again.

Liam moved forward and took the ring out of Niall's hand. He sunk down to one knee and Niall gasped. "Niall James Horan, would you marry me? It doesn't have to be this year or the next, or twenty years from now, I will wait as long as you want, just one day?" Teary blue eyes met brown and then Niall tackled Liam in a hug. He mumbled yes over and over again. Liam hugged him back. "I love you." The brunet whispered in Niall's ear.

"I love you too." Niall responded.

"Now are you happy I pulled you away from your food?" Niall just nodded at Liam's question and hugged the brunet harder.

___________________________________

ps. i love you all for reading it. my tumblr is damalumtho if you wanna have a chat or come yell at me to update something. or yell at me to write something for you cause i'll do that.