eleven.

P R E V I O U S L Y   O N   W H A T   H A P P E N E D   T H A T   N I G H T

Mr. Rory is dead, and I travel alone in the Shadow world. I hear screams, and thats when my map vibrates. I look for a back door, so I wouldn't be captured so quickly.

I open the door, and then I see Julian.

N O W

My main instinct is to run to him, but there is a Shadow next to him, whipping. His beautiful face is broken, beated and his back. His bare back had over 20 lashes that will scar. I drop down to my knees and begin to sob. Thats when the Shadow standing over Julian spots me. His eyes.... weird. Black, like a dark soul. When he turns to face me, Julian tries to see what he was looking at. And then Julian looks into my eyes, pleading.

"Ra.. Rachel" he begins to stutter due to the amount of pain he is going through.

"Julian!" I run to him, I'm already caught. So whats the point. I grab his arm and quickly dial 9443.

When I wake up, I feel a hand around my arm. It's Julian. Still asleep. At least he isn't dead like Mr. Rory. Speaking of him, we end up in his office. I shake Julian. I get my phone and dial 911. 

"911 Whats your emergency?" says the calm woman over the phone.

"Ambulance." I say. I know she will tell me to be calm, so I might as well be.

"Okay, could you give us your address?" she asks politely, like Julian isn't dying in the office.

"Hilton High. San Fransisco." I say.

"Whats going on?" she asks.

"A man, he is bruised and beaten. We need help." and then I hang up.

A   F E W   M I N U T E S   L A T E R

The ambulance finally arrive. So do the police. Shouldn't have mentioned the bashing part.

"Excuse me. Do you know who this is?" asks the female officer.

"Yes. He is my boyfriend, Julian Richman." I reply

"You know he was found dead weeks ago?" he says.

"No. He said he fell and some psycho was in the well down in Glossy Creek. They bashed him" I say.

"Okay, thank you Miss." he says and walks away. The ambulance took Julian into their van and I join him in there. They begin to dis-infect his wounds to make sure nothing happens to infect his bloodstream. They said that one of his lungs are punctured, but not open. Thank God. When we arrive at the hospital, they tell me to wait in the waiting bay. 

T E N   H O U R S   L A T E R

My mom called about an hour ago and told me it's fine for me to wait. I've been here for about ten hours. Then Julian comes out of the emergency rooms. He's in crutches and his face is purple, but light. I run to him and hug him. He smiles at me.

"Hey Freeman. Nice cop story" he says with a wide grin.

"Thanks. Oh my gosh, you know how hard it was without you?" I whisper. Then we kiss. It feels like it's been hours when our lips part. I begin to tear up.

"I missed you so much. How did you do it?" he says.

"Mr. Rory." I say.

"Can I see him?" he asks.

"Umm... he died in Shadows." I say quietly.

"Oh. I thought I was going to be trapped forever." he says and kisses me again.

I have my life. It's all together. Julian, and my family. What else do I need? Nothing can come between me and my life, or they will pay for it. Julian and I sit there for a while, our lips together. Watching the sunset.