Chapter Two

Nicki:

"Mommy! Mommy!" I heard and felt someone jumping on my bed. I sighed and opened my eyes to see Bronx trying to wake me up. "I'm up!"

"Auntie Laira's here." He said. "Okay go wait out there for me." I waved him off and headed to my bathroom so I could wash my face and brush me teeth before gong to see what my best friend Laira wanted.

" I waved him off and headed to my bathroom so I could wash my face and brush me teeth before gong to see what my best friend Laira wanted

"Why does everybody think it's okay to just walk into my house?" I asked looking at her sat on my couch playing with Harlem. "If you don't like people walking in your house then you should start locking your doors." She replied. "I forgot."

"Yeah you always forgetting something maybe if you was sober you'd be less forgetful." She mumbled. I rolled my eyes and sat next to her. "I don't need a lecture Laira... Dave was here yesterday."

"And he didn't take Harlem?" She said sounding surprised. I shook my head. "No." She shrugged. "I'm just saying, every time he comes over here he's always threatening to take her over to his moms." She was right ever since Harlem was born Dave had been threatening to take her away from me but it never happened. "Everybody knows Dave is all talk and no action. Anyway that's not all that happened yesterday... Khyree came over too." I said, mumbling the last part. Laira raised her eyebrows and gave me her full attention. "What happened?"

"They weren't here at the same time but Khyree did end up staying the night."

"You fucked him?" She asked. "We were both drinking and by the end of the night I was fucked up." I admitted. "I really wish you'd stop going back to him. I know he's my cousin but he's the definition of a fuck boy. He's no good for you."

"I know. I promise this is the last time." I poured. She gave me a 'yeah right' look then spoke again. "Crystal's having a party tonight, are you coming?" She asked.

"Girl you know I am." I smiled, flipping my hair over my shoulder. "What about them?" She asked pointing at Harlem & Bronx.

I shrugged. "I'll probably take them to my moms. Actually I'll go now, I need a break from them. Are you coming?"

"Yeah I haven't seen her in a while." I stood up. "Good you can get them ready."

"They're your kids." She argued. "Whatever. Harley! Bronx! Come."

"Babies!" My mom greeted happily hugging Harlem and Bronx. "Hey Ma."