Chapter Twenty- Six

Nicki:
3 Years Later:

"Brooklyn look at mommy." I said trying to take a picture of her as she waddled around in my heels. My baby girl was so beautiful and was her fathers twin.

Just then Jayceon walked in our room. "There you are, Dave's here with Harlem." He told me. I nodded and held my hand out towards Brooklyn. "Brooke come lets go see your sister." Her face lit up and she grabbed my hand.

We walked downstairs and as soon as Harlem was in her sight, Brooklyn ran over to her shouting happily. "Harley!"

"Hey baby, I like your hair." I said running my fingers through her curls. "Thank you mommy. Look" Harlem said excitedly showing me her new chain.

"That's pretty." I smiled and looked up at Dave before I could say anything Jay came over to us. "Wassup Dave." He said giving him a simple head nod. "I gotta go to the studio." 

"Oh yeah, okay." I said remembering that he would be gone all night. "I guess I'll see you in the morning."

"Bye bye JJ." Brooklyn waved. "See you princess." He picked her up and span her around before leaving.

"So you're still together then." Dave said, sounding surprised as if he thought we wouldn't have lasted this long. "Yes." I smiled.

Jayceon made me really happy and I was glad I gave him a chance. "I'm glad you're happy Nic."

"For real?"  "Yeah. There was a reason we never worked out. We weren't meant for each other that's all."

"I guess." I shrugged. Maybe it was true and we weren't mean to be together but that still hurt because I really loved Dave and there was always this hope that we would get back together and make it work someday.

"You still haven't unpacked?" He asked looking over at the stack of boxes in the corner filled with our things. "Not yet, I didn't realise how much stuff we had until we moved." It was my birthday last month and Jayceon surprised me with a brand new house.

"Harlem." Dave called, she stopped playing with Brooklyn and looked over at him. "Yes daddy?"

"I'm going now." She pouted and looked over at me something she did every time Dave had to leave, her way of asking me if he could stay. "Harlem say bye." I chuckled, she rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Dave.

"Bye daddy." She mumbled with a frown on her face. I shook my head at her, she had a really bad attitude when things didn't go her way especially when it had something to do with her daddy. He laughed at her little tantrum and picked her up. "Make sure you call me later okay."

"I will." Harley mumbled, still frowning. "Promise?" "Huh you promise?" He repeated tickling her. "I promise daddy, stop" Harlem laughed loudly. "Love you."

"Love you too daddy." She cupped his face and kissed him goodbye.

"BK!" Dave called out to Brooklyn. BK was everyone's nickname for her other than Brooke. She walked over to him shyly and held her arms out for a hug. "Bye baby girl."

• • • •

"Where's Bronx?" I asked Khyree when he arrived at my house without the reason he was supposed to be here, Bronx.

"My mom has Tay & Rico for the weekend he didn't want to leave." He shrugged whilst trying to push past me and come inside. Tay & Rico were Khyree's nephews, they're the same age as Bronx and eachothers 'Favourite cousins'.

"Oh, well you could have called and said that." I said not understanding the purpose of his visit since my son wasn't with him. "Yeah I know but I wanted to see you." I rolled my eyes and started closing the door. "I'm not doing this with you Khyree."

"Why not?" He asked standing in the way, blocking me from closing the door on him. "Because I don't want to. You see this." I smirked flashing my hand at him. "This is why." I pointed at the ring on my finger. Jay didn't just surprise me with with a house, he also proposed and I said yes.

I noticed Khyree sigh and look away. "You know I don't care about all that."

"You should-"

"Mommy." Brooklyn cried running over to us. "What's the matter?" She continued to cry until Khyree reached down and picked her up. "What's wrong BK?" He asked. "Harley no play." She pouted.

Khyree frowned not understanding what she said. For a man who had 7 children he was really bad at understanding baby talk. "She means Harlem don't wanna play with her." I explained. "Oh... Here you can play with this." He tried handing her his phone but I stopped him.

"No she can't because I'm about to start making dinner so you can put my baby down and leave." I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to do what I asked. "Alright but before I go..." He put Brooklyn down and she ran back upstairs. "You love me?" Ky asked once she had gone. I rolled my eyes. "Bye Ky." He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. "Huh? You love me Nic?"

"Yes! Now go." I sighed.

"Alright I love you too and when you're ready to call things off with that other nigga I'm here." He winked. I knew he wasn't serious right now to think I'd leave Jay for him. "Khyree you just got Jaycee pregnant. Again. There's no chance we're getting back together, ever." I said loud and clear for him to understand. "That doesn't mean anything. I don't love her."

"Whatever I'm not standing here arguing with you."

"Don't marry him." He said referring to Jayceon.

"Goodbye Khyree."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Remember this is called 'Heartbreaker' for a reason, don't be mad at me if this doesn't have a happy ending... But I still appreciate your feedback so comment any ideas you have on how this is going to end.

-Please excuse any errors