Chapter Nineteen

Nicki:

"Do I have to go?" I asked Jayceon as I looked over at myself in the mirror. "Yes you do." He laughed at the fact I had been trying to get out of leaving the house for two weeks.

"But I look fat." I pouted, turning sideways so I could get a clear view of my growing belly. I saw Jay come up behind me, he then wrapped his arms around me. "No you don't. You know because you're so short you actually look cute pregnant."

"I know you're lying but let's go, we're already late." I pushed him off and continued getting ready.

"Come on then." He said leading me to the door.

"All of a sudden I feel really excited." I said quietly coming to the realisation that I was only a couple months away from meeting my baby and today was the day I'd find out whether it was a boy or a girl. "Calm down." Jay chuckled as we walked out to the car.

"Thanks baby." I said as he helped me into the car. "I still think it's a boy." Jay said as we drove to my doctors appointment. "Everybody keeps telling me they think it's gonna be a boy but I'm sure it's another girl...I still don't know what I wanna name her yet."

"What about that name your mama was talking about?" "Harmony?" He nodded. "Nah. I'll come up with something before she gets here."

"You know you didn't have to come with me." I said to him, ever since Izzy decides he didn't want anything to do with us Jay had been stepping up and being there for me which I appreciated but I didn't want him think he HAD to be here. "I know but I wanted to... I missed all Tiffany's appointments with Cali..." He said lowly, I reached over and grabbed his hand. "I'm sorry." His daughter Cali's mother died in a car accident when Cali was 6 months old and although he never told me I could tell Jay felt guilty and it was a touchy subject for him.

We had got back from my appointment an hour ago and right now I was spread across my bed, eating a burger whilst watching Jay pack. He had to go away for a couple of weeks since his manager decided to schedule him with a tour in Europe.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay here by yourself?" He asked me for the fifth time. "Jay how many times do I have to tell you? I'm fine." I giggled he was so worried about me... It was cute.

"Besides you know how my mom comes over like everyday, I basically won't even be alone."

Once he was finished packing his phone vibrated letting him know his ride to the airport was waiting. "Bye baby." I pouted holding my arms out to him, he came over and picked me up. "I'll be back soon." He kissed me but pulled away shortly after to say something. "I love you Nic." I smiled awkwardly and pulled him into another kiss so I wouldn't have to say it back. I wasn't going to tell him I loved him because I didn't.

"No not now." I said to myself as I felt a warm liquid make its way down my legs. "This can't be happening to me." I whined realising that my water broke on the day everyone was out and it was just me and Bronx here at the house.

"Bronx come." I called and he ran over to me and looked down at the puddle by my feet.

"Wet. Mommy pee?" He asked frowning his face. "Yeah I know. Can you go upstairs and get mommy's pink duffle please?" I asked trying to remain as calm as possible as the first contraction began.

"Okay mommy."

"Mom." I whined when my mom finally answered my call. In between my contractions I managed to make my way to my car and begin the journey to the hospital. "Hey, I was just gonna call you is everything okay."

"Not really. I'm driving to the hospital right now." I breathes heavily trying to ignore the pain. "What?!"

"My water broke and my contractions have started." I cried gripping the steering wheel tightly. "Why didn't you call me I would've come and got you."

"Because my contractions weren't that bad and I thought I could make it but now there getting worse."

"Okay calm down. I'm on my way to the hospital right now. Where's Bronx?" She asked in a soft tone trying to relax me. "He's here." I said and looked in the mirror to check on him. "Are you at the hospital yet?" She asked. "Yeah hurry...please." I said as I parked badly in a bay and grabbed my bag. "Bronx, come." He reached for my hand and we walked into the hospital.

What happened after that was a blur all I remember is waking up in a hospital bed to the sound of a baby crying. My baby.

"Nicki there's someone here to see you." My mom said before stepping to the side revealing who was stood behind her. "You came." I said surprised to see Izzy. "Baby I'm gonna go, I'll be back in the morning okay?" My mom said before leaving.

Once she was gone Izzy walked further into the room. "That's her?" He asked pointing at the crib by my bed side, I nodded. "You can hold her if you want."

I watched closely as he walked over to her and picked her up slowly. "Look I know that you said you're not ready for this of whateva but if you're not gonna be in her life let me know now." I said, I wanted to be sure he was definitely going to be in her life, I didn't want her to grow up like me... One day my dad was there and the next he wasn't.

"I wanna be there for my daughter Nic." He said never taking his attention away from baby girl. "But you said-"

"What I said was fucked up, I shouldn't have put this all on you."

"Yeah you shouldn't have." I mumbled. "I'm sorry. Forgive me?" He looked up at me and I could tell he was being sincere. "We all make mistakes, I'm not gonna hold anything against you."

"What's her name?" "Brooklyn." He raised his eyebrows at me before repeating her name. "Brooklyn?" I nodded with a smile causing Izzy to chuckle. "What's with you and these New York borough names? You got Bronx, Harlem and now Brooklyn."

"I'm a proud New Yorker." I shrugged. "You better pray this is your last baby, you're running out of names." "Don't worry it is. I'm not having no more babies." I said and I meant it. Brooklyn was my last.

Just then Brook started winning in Izzy's arms and he looked up at me in a panic. I laughed at him being so scared like he broke her or something. "Izzy relax, just rock her a little." He shook his head and tried handing her over to me. "You take her."

"No you gotta learn to hush her yourself. Keep doing what you're doing." After a few seconds she stopped crying and I noticed him let out a sigh of relief. "See I told you."

"She's so tiny." I nodded with a yawn. "You can go back to sleep if you want. I think I got the hang of things now." Usually I would protest but I was mad tired. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah I can see you're tired. Don't worry I got her."

I closed my eyes and was about to drift off to sleep until I heard Izzy talking to Brooklyn. "You're so perfect baby girl. No matter what, I want you to know that daddy loves you and I always got you. Forever princess."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Brooklyn's here!

Please excuse any errors, vote & comment ✨🌹