Chapter Twenty- Five

Continued...
Nicki:

A hour after I called Mitch finally arrived at my house. I jumped up and ran to the door as soon as I heard the bell ring.

"Hey- what's he doing here?" I frowned seeing Mitch stood with Khyree right by his side. "I didn't want you to do something stupid." Mitch answered. "And you thought calling up the cause of my problem would be a solution?" I frowned. "Nic you're like my sister and I'm not trying to fight with you-"

"THEN LEAVE!" I yelled. He shook his head and left, leaving me and Khyree alone.

"Why'd you call Mitch?" Khyree asked following me to my room. "Because I'm grown and I can do what I want." He grabbed my arm and spun me around. Before I could shout at him, he reached in his pocket and pulled out a little bag of Cocaine. "This what you wanted? Huh?"

"Get out of my face Khyree." I tried walking away but he grabbed my arm roughly pulling me back. "Not until you tell me why you hit up Mitch, was it for this?"

"Yes! Okay! I called because I wanted some Coke, I don't see how it's any of your business anyway."

"It's my business because you told me you wasn't doing that shit no more." He replied and I looked at him confused, tilting my head to the side. "Are you stupid? Because if I recall you're the same nigga that got me hooked on that shit in the first place so why do you care if I'm clean or not?"

"I don't. Here." He waved the bag in my face and I reached to grab it but he pulled away. "But you gotta tell me why you want it first."

I bit my lip and decided to be honest with him about how I really felt. "I hate my life Khyree and that's the only thing that keeps me going, like when I'm high nothing else matters and I'm numb to all of the bullshit going on in my life."

"The same goes for sex. I don't fuck you and everyone else for fun. I do it because it helps me forget all my issues for a little while. You know?"

Khyree:

"I'm tired Ky. I just want it all to end. Sometimes I think about doing just that... Ending everything. I swear if it wasn't for Bronx and Harlem I wouldn't be here right now." She mumbled as tears fell from her eyes.

"Don't talk like that Nicki."

"But it's true, I'm a waste of space, you even said so yourself. That's why Dave isn't fucking with me and it's the reason my dad left."

"Come here." Suddenly I felt like shit for how I treated her these last five years. I didn't realise how vulnerable she really was. Everything bad I've ever said about her, she believed.

Even though she came across as tough and like she could handle herself, it was all an act. Nicki was real life fucked up and I don't know if it was because of anything I ever said or her thinking that her dad didn't love her but I wasn't about to sit here and let my sons mother do something stupid to herself.

"Nicki come." I repeated, pulling her into a hug. I kissed her forehead and let her cry in my arms. "I love you alright & I'm not gonna let you keep doing this to yourself."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

After waiting almost 10 minutes and calling over 4 times Nicki finally opened the door for me, with an attitude of course. "If you're here to annoy me then don't, I'm not in the mood." She said rolling her eyes at me.