Chapter Six

Dave:

"I don't need a babysitter Dave." Nicki complained holding her head as she walked over to me.

"Are you sure because just two days ago I found you unconscious surrounded by a bunch of pills and bottles of alcohol." I said as she straddled me. She cupped my face and pecked my lips. "Well I'm fine now so you can go home."

"I'm not going no where." I told her, she rolled her eyes playfully. "Where are my kids?"

"With my mom." She frowned at the mention of my mom. "Bronx is not her grandchild."

"I don't want your mom to find out what happened to you so I thought I'd take him to my moms." I shrugged. "Your mother hates me so why would she want to baby sit my son?" She was right my mom did hate her but she didn't take that out on Bronx.  "Since you're 'fine now' do you want me to go get him?" I asked as she stood up. "No. Remember that rapper whose video I did a few weeks ago?"

"Yeah the one I heard you're fucking. Why?

"For your information I'm not fucking nobody. Anyway I'm now friends with his sister Chanel. She just called and invited me to her birthday party. You wanna come?" She asked. "No."

"Why you got something better to do? Exactly. Just come it'll be fun."

"You're crazy Nic I swear." She just overdosed two days ago and was already planning to go to a party. "You still love me tho." She smiled. "It's starts at 9, I'm gonna get ready now." I shook my head and followed her into her bedroom.

She sat down and started doing her hair. "Why are you watching me creep?" Nicki giggled as she continued brushing her hair.

"You look like the old Nicki right now."

"Old Nicki?" She asked, raising her eyebrows at me. I nodded as she walked over to me. "Yeah. I haven't seen your natural curls in a minute." I said, wrapping my arms around her waist.

"Well don't get use to it. I'm about to straighten my hair again."

"Why? I remember you used to hate that shit." She shrugged and ran her fingers through her hair. "I was a kid Dave. I've changed."

"I know." I mumbled, she was more insecure than she was when we was growing up and I felt like it was my job to remind her that she was good enough. "You know I love you right?"

She giggled and nodded yes. "How can I not know? You tell me almost everyday."

"Then why do you keep playing with me Nic?" I asked honestly, I've told her repeatedly how much I wanted us to work but it was like she didn't even care. "What do you mean?"

"The other day when I found you... I thought I lost you for good this time." I admitted. "I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I promise." She said, which is the same exact sentence she said the last time I found her like that. "See I wanna believe you but I can't. I'm not going to wait around for you forever."

"I know. Just give me a little more time. Please."

Nicki:

After hours of begging, Dave still decided not to go to Chanel's party with me so I asked my cousin Aaliyah and her best friend Chyna.