Chapter Fifteen

Nicki:

"Thanks for coming with me Liyah." We were sat in her car outside the doctors waiting for my appointment time. We were about to find out if I really was pregnant.

"Well I couldn't let you go alone could I?" She smiled. "I'm scared." I confessed looking down. She reached over and grabbed my hand. "Don't worry. I got you."

I looked over at the time and saw it was only 5 minutes until my appointment. "Ready?" I nodded.

"Alright let's go."

"You want me to take you home?" Aaliyah asked as we drove in silence after leaving the doctors. "Not yet... I wanna go see my mom."

"Hey guys, Liyah I was just on the phone with your mother." My mom smiled at us as we walked through her house and over to the living room.

She frowned at us as we sat on the couch opposite to her. "This is strange why are you two so quiet? What's wrong?" I bit my bottom lip nervously and looked over at Aaliyah, who nodded at me. I sighed. "I'm pregnant."

"Are you serious?" My mom gasped in shock. I nodded slowly. "Yeah I thought I was for a while now and the doctor just confirmed it." I explained. She shook her head, then looked me up and down.

"Are you angry?"

"I'm not angry, just disappointed but you're grown so it's none of my business. Is it Dave's?"

"What makes you ask that?" I asked. "I'm not stupid Nicki, I know you're still messing with Khyree so is he the father?"

"Oh so it's Dave's. At least two of your children have the same father becau-"

"It's not Dave's either." I mumbled quietly and Aaliyah stood up slowly. "Uh I'm gonna go see Justin." She said awkwardly excusing herself she hated drama.

"Then who is it?!" My mom asked. "Izzy." I told her and She frowned. "Who the fuck is Izzy?" By that question alone I knew she was angry, the only time she really cursed was when she was mad. "A rapper I met a few months ago..."

"Are you sure it's his?" She asked, I know she didn't mean to offend me but she did. Of course I knew who my baby's father was.

"Okay honey...It might be a little too late for this but I think we need to have a talk...I love you but you're not my baby anymore, I can't be here to pick up the pieces every time something goes wrong-"

"I don't want you to."

"I know you probably don't realise it but it's the truth. I feel like I've raised two extra kids since you had Bronx & Harley....I think this pregnancy should be a real wake up call for you." I rolled my eyes as she continued to speak, I hated the fact that she kept telling people she was raising my children when she clearly wasn't.

"Why don't you think about going back to school after you have the baby and getting a degree in nursing like we always planned you would." She suggested. "Mom that was years ago and I don't wanna do that anymore."

"Well you have to do something. You're 23, about to have your 3rd baby and you haven't even got a job."

"I got a job! Why do you keep saying that?!" I argued, the more she spoke the more she started to piss me off. "Walking around half naked on the set of a music video is not a job Nicki."

"Have you seen my bank account? Its definitely a job." I replied with an attitude. "This is exactly what I'm talking about, why do you have to argue with me? I'm trying to help you get your life together."

"I don't need your help."

"Then why are you here?" She asked and I didn't have a response so I stood up and decided to leave.

"Liyah!" I called up the stairs a few second later I heard footsteps then Aaliyah appeared. "Yeah?"

"We're leaving come." I grabbed her arm and started heading towards the door until she pulled away. "I heard your conversation and Actually Nic I think Aunty Lisa's right... Like have you thought about what you're gonna do?" She asked.

"What are you talking about Aaliyah? I'm gonna have my baby-"

"Yeah but are you actually gonna raise it this time because I'm not trying to be mean and hurt your feelings but I see Bronx and Harlem over here with your mom more than I do with you."

"I'm trying Liyah! What do you expect me to do?" I semi-yelled trying to stop myself from bursting into tears, my emotions were all over the place.

"I'm trying." I cried and surprisingly my mom pulled me into a hug and apologised.

"It's gonna be okay Nicki, I promise." Aaliyah said as I stepped out of the car. "I hope so." I said before saying bye.

I wiped away my tears as I entered the house. "Where've you been? Dave asked.  "Dave I have to tell you something." I grabbed his hand and led him over to the couch so we could talk. "Okay... What is it?"

"I don't want you to be mad at me." I pouted. "I'm not gonna be mad just tell me what's up." I wanted to believe him but I knew him well enough to know he would be angry at me once I told him. "Promise me you won't shout." "Hurry up and tell me." He said and I took a deep breath, preparing myself to tell him.

"Dave I'm pregnant."

Once the words left my mouth I broke down in tears. "Why are you crying? I know you're scared but we'll get through this, ima be right here with you Nic." He assured me pulling me close. I shook my head and continued to cry. "Dave I'm so sorry." He frowned.

"It's not yours..."

"We weren't together at the time, it wasn't-" he cut me off. "Why do you keep doing this?!" He yelled pushing me back roughly and jumped up. I stood up too and tried reaching for his hand but he pulled back. "I don't know. I can't help it.Like every time I try to get my life together something happens and I can't explain it." I mumbled.

He frowned and looked at me like I was crazy. "You can't explain why you fuck every nigga that has something nice to say about you?!"

"Don't say that."

"Why not? It's true. Kayla was right about you." He waved me off and started walking away. I followed behind him. "Where're you going?"

"It's over Nicki."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please excuse any errors🌹
Vote & comment
I realised I haven't updated in a while so I'll try to update again soon