Chapter Twenty-Two

Nicki:

"Hey baby! I missed you." I smiled happily pulling Bronx in my arms. Khyree just dropped him off after having him for a week. "Hi mommy."

"Harley?" He asked looking around for his sister. "She's in my room come." I picked him up and carried him over to my room. Usually I hated carrying him because I didn't want to spoil him so much but I missed my baby boy.

"Harlem look who's here." Her face lit up when she saw Bronx. "Aww y'all missed each other." I gushed as they hugged.

"Mommy." Bronx said. "Yes baby."

"You love my daddy?" He asked innocently. "Why?" He shrugged and I knew Khyree put him up to this. "He told you to ask me that?"

"He say you don't like him no more. Why you like Harley and Brook daddy? But not mine?" He asked sadly, immediately I felt bad. No matter what me and Khyree went through, I never wanted Bronx to be impacted because none of the issues Khyree & I had were his fault.

"I do like your daddy and I love you." I said. "And Harley." Bronx added. I giggled at his cuteness. "Yep and Harley."

"And Brook." I froze at the mention of Brooklyn. "And Brook mommy. You love me and Harley and Brook." He repeated louder. "Yeah..." I mumbled quietly. "I wanna see Brook."

"Right now?" He nodded and I sighed, Brooklyn cried whenever I picked her up, I was starting to think she knew that I didn't love her like I was suppose to.

Dave:

"Did you see what your baby mama posted on IG?" Kristen said talking all loud in my face. "She's letting random niggas around your daughter now." She complained showing me a picture of The Game and Harlem that Nicki had posted.

"Didn't you tell her stupid ass to keep Harlem away from these strange niggas she's been fucking. She's such a hoe why-" I cut her off before she continued ranting and calling Nicki names. "Don't do that."

"Do what?" She frowned acting like she didn't know what I was talking about. "Call her out her name. She's not a hoe and she's not stupid and I'm not about to sit here and let you call her something she's not."

"Why do you care so much? I thought you was over her. She had a baby on you Dave!" She yelled. "Get out my face Kristen!" I pushed her back roughly. She rolled her eyes. "It's her you should be angry with not me."

"What happened with you and Kristen?" Kayla asked as soon as I answered the door bell that she had been ringing for five minutes straight. "You tell me." Kristen and Kayla were friends and whenever Kristen had an issue she'd run and tell Kay do I was sure she already knew the answer to her question.

"She's good peoples Dave, don't mess her around she really loves you." Kayla warned before continuing with her little speech. "She told me you've been acting strange ever since Nicki had that baby." I frowned. "I haven't been acting strange. I don't care what Nicki does with her life." I argued.

"Mom told me she showed up at Harlem's party." I nodded, I should have known my mom was gossiping about what happened the other day at Harlem's party. "Yeah she did. Laira told Nic about it."

"Even though I don't like the bitch you was wrong for not telling her about Harlem's birthday. She might be a hoe, a drug addict and a unstable manipulator but she's still your daughters mother." Kayla said surprising. I was shocked she was taking Nicki's side for once but I couldn't say anything because she was right.

"I know. I messed up but there's nothing I can do about it now."she

Nicki:

"Mitch!" I called out seeing Mitch across the street. He turned around frowning but smiled when he saw it was me. "Wassup Nic." He said crossing the street to come over to me. "I haven't seen you in months." He said giving me a loose hug.

"I know it's like you don't wanna know me when I'm clean." I joked but he looked offended. "I'm just playing."

"No but for real I'm proud of you Nic." He said randomly. "For what?" I giggled awkwardly. He shrugged then answered. "I know you don't hear it a lot and how hard it's been for you to stay on track with everything going on. So I wanna let you know I'm proud of you." He explained resulting in me smiling hard. "Thanks."

He gave me a small head nod then reached in his pocket pulling out a stack of money. "Here." He tried handing it to me but I refused. "Mitch I can't." "Take it." He insisted but I still shook my head telling him no. "You're so stubborn." He chuckled. "Well I learned from the best."

"I spoke to Khyree the other day, he came through here with Bronx." He told me and I rolled my eyes. Mitch and Khyree were like best friends, Mitch also happened to be Bronx's godfather. "Oh yeah? What did he say?" I asked sarcastically.

"Come on Nic. Don't play."  "No I'm being serious I wanna hear the shit he's been saying about me." I said encouraging him to tell me what I wanted to hear. "Actually he was talking about how he misses you...I wasn't suppose to tell you this but Ky loves you." Mitch was such a liar, I rolled my eyes. "I'm serious he told me."

"No he did not. Khyree has never told me he loves me in the entire time I've known him, he only likes me when its convenient for him." I admitted, it was time I caught up with reality. I was chasing something that was never gonna happen. "Believe what you want I'm just telling you what he told me." Mitch shrugged.

"Me and Khyree are nothing but Bronx's parents-" "Mitch! You got that for me?" Some guy interrupted running up on us holding out his hand to Mitch.

I knew what was about to happen and I didn't want to be there for the exchange of something I was addicted to go so long. "Mitch I'll see you later." He nodded and hugged me before saying. "Don't be a stranger Nic."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Please excuse any errors.

-Do you guys wanna see Dave & Nicki get back together? Or is it to late?
-Do you think Khyree really misses Nicki? and loves her like her claims to?
- Btw you might remember Mitch from chapter 5...

Poor Brooklyn 💔