I

This room has the scent of expensive perfume, it's very warm and cozy. I bet that's her play to get me comfortable so that I can just spill all my guts. She clears her throat stealing my attention from the design of her office. Tapping her pen on her book before changing her position yet again. Just say something Maia...

"I'm here because your client asked me to see you."

She adjust in her seat, her ginger hair bold against the white of her blouse. Resting her hands on her book she looks at me quizzically. Her dark eyes are searching him and I through her thick lily framed glasses.

"Why would he ask you to see me?"

"Because your client knows that he is the one that fucked me up." I say smiling ever so politely.

She glances at him before focusing on me, "And why do you think that?"

"I don't think, I know that. I was a different person before I met him."

Finally she looks at him, "Do you agree Eric? Do you think she was different before she met you?"

"Yes." Is all he says and she throws her brown eyed glaring attention back to me.

"For newly wedded love birds the room is pretty tense. Why don't you explain to me your side of things Maia?"

I let out a heavy sigh, "He fucked my sister and I'm told it was not just once of course she told me that. Oh yeah he says she was just his submissive."

"I've told you I didn't have sex with her Maia. You believe your lunatic sister over me."

He shifts in his seat beside me. Oh, does that bother you? I focus my attention on her once again. My leg is jumping up and down and I can feel my anger all through out my body. Scolding him, he shakes his head at me.

He utters, "She was a submissive yes, but I never actually fucked her. There was no penetration."

She takes a sip from her mug leaving her red lip stick stain on the ring. She looks at Eric giving him a bold red lipped smile and places her leg over the other. Is she seriously gushing over her own client? I can practically see her she's all but biting her lip and rubbing her heels on his legs. Her black peplum skirt rising just above her knees. I glance at him and I see that he too noticed.

"What is it that you two are coming to me for?"

"Because—he..."

He interrupts, "I need her to hear me and she doesn't do it unless she's forced. Quite frankly, I don't want to lose her completely."

"I see...and Maia what can he say to make you consider staying."

"I'm here, aren't I?"

"Maia." He hums his voice low as he clenches and unclenches his jaw. His hand fidgets, looks like it's itching to punish me.

I don't reply and instead Dr. Rayan clears her throat, "Nothing that you'd at least like to hear from Eric?"

"I'd like to know how this even happened. I'd like to know how my sister ended up in his bed. I'd like to know why she thinks they're in love. I'd like to know why he felt he couldn't tell me if nothing really happened between them."

The tear pools at my eyelids but I bat them away. I'm done crying over this, I've wasted enough tears on this.

He faces me on the sofa and says, "Your sister has been a fan of my work since I was in college and was a nobody. One of the first to ever comment on my every picture. You tend to remember your active fan."

He combs his fingers through his perfect hair and I try my hardest not to watch the flexing of his arm and chest. I focus on his eyes as the squint as if trying to recall a memory.