III

A/N
Ooooh another publish just for you! Happy Friday! Read. Comment. Vote!
Later loves -x

Eric's POV

She sits on the sofa reading her book and ignoring my existence. She does that a lot until she's horny and in the mood for sex. She talks to me and we can have the smallest moment and then suddenly it's like she recalls everything that's happened and goes back inside herself. As if she's not allowed to be happy with me.

I sit on the sofa pretending to read this culinary book but all I do is look at her. Look how beautiful she is; she thinks she's turning me off by wearing large shirts and dingy sweatpants. That's just it, it's not what she wears it's her. Like her hair, there are two sometimes three curls that dangle in the middle of her forehead. One of them is long enough and occasionally gets to her eye and I think it's so cute and funny how she gets annoyed with swatting it.

Or her eyelashes bat ever so slowly when she's reading about a part she actually likes. They barely blink when she's angry with something or  how she never blinks when she's surprised. Her eyes tell everything and through it all she's got her teeth sunken into her lip. She's absolutely breathtaking to watch.

"Could you read aloud?"

She looks up at me and I might have seen the slightest nod, and she begins reading it. I inch closer and I want to have her curling up into me but I know that's not likely to happen. I leave my chair and my book to sit beside her. She begins reading again. I sit close enough that my leg brushes against hers. Close enough that the freshest scent of her couture perfume fills the air.

Her voice cracks, "Sorry, he's just so in love with her and she's just already out the door—"

"I know how he feels." She looks at me surprised but how can she still be so naive? "Are you really surprised?"

"Is that what you think?" I shrug unsure of what she's asking. "Eric I love you so much it physically hurts this is a little over three years later and still I'm stuck on you. You did this—"

"You're angry with me about things that I can't fix. I want to fix it because I want you and because I love you. I want you to love me completely okay again." Resting my face on hers my nose touching hers. "I want to do it without feeling like you're fighting to pull away."

"I'm so fucking scared Eric." She finally whispers.

"Scared of what? I'm here."

"I'm scared I'm not enough. I'm scared that my sister and I won't come back from this. I'm scared that if I find out what happened I'll really hate you. I want us to be able to come back from this."

I want that too.

The tears well up in her eyes and she's staring up at me with her sad brown eyes. She cried so much the first weeks. She wouldn't talk to anyone lead them all to believe it was because we were honeymooning as newlyweds. But it couldn't have been father from the truth. I don't want to see her cry, I hate that I did this to her.

"Maia....."

She wipes at the tears that managed to fall, "I have had submissives and never felt a thing for any of them. Your sister was of no exception. It was nothing, she came over here and I was itching to do something and she willingly —" she stares up at me with death glares and I chuckle, "I didn't have sex with her nor did I see her get completely naked. I was wrong to have done it and I wish I could undo it. I wish we could do this over and you could happily marry me."

"Okay."

"What?"

"Okay, I'll marry you happily but not here or in that dress or with family and friends."