Chapter 4- Family Decisions

Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars, Star Wars Rebels or anything else you might recognize. They belong to Lucasfilm and Disney. I do not own any of the images.
Links to them: http://darksideconfidential.com/how-a-star-wars-city-looks-during-imperial-occupation/

http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Capital_City

Kanan P.O.V

Panic filled my chest.

"Where's Ezra?!" I shouted through my mind. I went over and shook Hera's shoulder to wake her up.

"Ugh, what?" she groaned.

"It's Ezra, he's gone," I replied. That woke her up. Her eyes snapped open and quickly stood up while trying to not get to tangled up in the blanket.

"What do you mean Ezra is gone?!" she shouted in worry.

"I don't know! He's not in his bed!" I replied in equal worry.

"Try and sense him through the Force, Caleb," she said and I knew she was very serious since she only ever calls me by real name whenever something serious happens. Though before I could the door behind me whooshed open and revealed the person we worrying of. Ezra was standing in the door way holding something. Before I could identify it Hera ran to him hugging him. Hera then stopped hugging him but continued to grip his shoulders.

"Where were you? Do you have any idea how worried we were? Are you okay?" she said frantically before hugging him once more. I laughed at his shocked reaction. After a few minutes she released him and I was able to see that he had a box of space waffles.

"Well, uh, whose hungry?" he said. He then grabbed some plates from a shelf and grabbed some waffles from the box stacking each plate with 2. We then sat on the ground and started eating though a question was bothering me.

"Ezra?" I asked. He then looked up from eating.

"Where did you get these?" I said pointing at the waffles.

"Bought them," he said plainly.

"Where did you get the credits?" I asked. That's when he looked nervous and I guessed the obvious.

"You stole them, didn't you?" I said. He then looked down and then said,

"Well today is when you have to leave and I thought it would be nice to actually eat something and-"

"Woah, woah, it's ok I just wanted to know," I said and that was the truth. He then went back to eating his waffles and me to mine. Once we were finished I realized I had no idea what the time was.

"Hey, what time is it?" I asked. Ezra then looked outside and replied "10:00," which meant we had 2 hours. We finished up eating and then began to talk again. This time it was mostly about Ezra. He had many stories all different from the last but they all had one thing in common. They ended sadly. How his friend had to move to Alderaan. How another died in his arms. How most of his parents' friends were now either ignoring him, couldn't do anything to help him or were just... gone. After an hour Hera and I then began to get our stuff together while I was getting up I saw something on one of the tables. I walked up to and saw that it was a postcard with the image being a beautiful white city with white ships in the sky. Behind it was an ocean that was so clean and blue I would've mistaken it for either Alderaan's or even Naboo's and the city was surrounded by healthy light brown gray fields and a small path that led to the city. I turned around holding the card to Ezra to see if he knew what city it was.

 I turned around holding the card to Ezra to see if he knew what city it was