Chapter 7- New Masters, New Padawans

Disclaimer: I do not own anything, including the image.

Link to image: https://www.google.com/amp/s/star-wars.aminoapps.com/amp/blog/mystarwarslove-is-ahsoka-tano/85ea28a4-977c-4ab2-8210-2368d8b93b1d

Kanan's POV

To say I was nervous, was an understatement. After Master Windu went to his seat, all the Council members were staring at us.

"Long debate, the Council has had. Decisions, we have reached," Master Yoda said. I held my breath and I could tell Ezra was as well. There was a long pause as if it was saying 'If you have anything, say it now'.

"We have agreed for Ezra to be trained by the Temple," Master Windu said. I sighed in relief and saw Ezra look up at me with bright blue eyes, filled with happiness. I gave him a one-handed side hug and hugged me with both his arms. I could feel the happiness he was radiating and I knew that all the others could feel it. Though a thought was still floating in my head.

"So then, who will train him?" I asked. All the Council members looked at each other, sharing smiles. I stood a little confused until my former Master Depa spoke.

"Isn't it obvious? You, Caleb, already have a very strong bond with him, it only makes sense for you to be his master," she said, smiling. I was surprised. The Council was trusting me to have an apprentice? Ahsoka said that we already have a strong bond, though I didn't know it would become this strong. I looked at Ezra and saw his eyes filled with hope. Of course, I was already thinking if I could be his master, so I guess I had no qualms. All I hoped was if I could be the master that Ezra deserved. I turned to the Council.

"I will do my best to train him, thank you, Masters," I said, bowing. I also placed my hand at the back of Ezra's head so he could bow.

"Oh, uh, right, thank you, Masters," Ezra stuttered out.

I saw Masters Mundi, Ti, and Tiin smile. Master Depa looked pleased that everything was reached into an agreement. Master Fisto has Ezra a thumbs up, while Masters Yoda, Yaddle, Windu, Skywalker, and Kenobi were smiling as well, and I could sense the happiness from Master Plo as well.

"Well, then shall we move on to our next decision?" Master Skywalker said. Wait, next decision? What was the next decision? the members then turned their attention to... Ahsoka.

Ahsoka's POV

I felt all their gazes turned on me. I had my hood down since I've already revealed to them who I was. That Fulcrum was just a name to mask my real one. At first, they didn't say anything, until Plo Koon spoke up.

"Ahsoka Tano, I speak for the Council, when we say that we are sorry," he said. I was confused about why they were sorry, but he kept going.

"Ahsoka, I found you in your village when you were 2 years old, all of us watched you grow and flourish as not just a student, but as a warrior, leader and of course, as a Jedi. The Jedi Code was created to protect fellow Jedi, but instead, it just made us heartless and made us stray away from what we were supposed to do," he said. I couldn't believe my, ears? Montrals? Whatever organ I hear with I couldn't believe it. The Council was admitting their mistakes. Then Windu took up the mantle for talking.

"As Master Plo has said, we all owe you an apology. We were following a rule that was supposed to protect us, instead, it ended up making us hurt each other. Rules such as that can only teach you so much. We were all fools believing that you could have done something as bomb the Temple, especially considering that we know how much of a home it is to you. Perhaps, not only the Code should be blamed, but us as well. We truly apologize, for our short-sightedness, brash accusations and low trust to you. We should've thought more, and even though this may not be able to heal all the wounds, we are very sorry," he said solemnly, looking down. All the Council members were looking down as well, even Anakin and Depa.