Chapter 10-Is When the Light Shines

Disclaimer: I own nothing, including images.

Link to images:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Path_of_the_Jedi

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ezra%27s_lightsaber

Past Talking and others

Takes place several days after the events of Chapter 9...

Kanan POV

I was meditating in my room, along with an open Holocron that was projecting a map of all the galaxy's Jedi Temples. I was going through all the planets, on where Ezra could get his crystal. Ever since Fort Anaxes, I was worried about Ezra. If he got his lightsaber, then not only will be able to protect himself but hopefully something like on the asteroid will never happen again. I remembered how I reported to the Council.

Several days ago, a couple of hours after the Ghost returned from Fort Anaxes...

Kanan POV

I was standing before the Council, an hour after Hera, Ezra and I returned from the asteroid base. I saw that Ahsoka's eyes were a little red, meaning that she must've been crying. Also meaning, that she, along with the other Masters, must've sensed Ezra's... outburst.

"Knight Dume, a few hours ago we felt a disturbance in the Force. A dark one. So why did it felt like it was your Padawan?" Asked Master Windu.

"The mission to the asteroid base was a trap, set up by the Inquisitor and an agent who went by Kallus. The Inquisitor incapacitated both me and Hera, in order to feed Ezra's fear. In my Padawan's attempt to save us, he accidentally tapped into the dark side of the force and was able to summon a Mother Fyrnock," I explained. The Masters were now sharing concerned faces.

"And how is Ezra now?" Ahsoka asked, concern filling her voice.

"Using the Force like that weakened him into unconsciousness. He is currently resting in our dorm with Hera helping him get his strength back," I said.

"And is Ezra... still with us?" Master Skywalker said, trying to avoid the words 'not fallen into the Dark Side'.

"He is, I sensed his force signature and he's still with us. If you don't believe me than sense his signature yourselves," I offered.

"Do not worry my old Padawan, we will take your word. Through the short time of knowing him, we can tell that he won't turn to the Dark Side so easily," Master Depa assured me. I sighed in relief, happy that the Council has become more sympathetic. Though now comes the something I have been thinking about.

"Masters, do you believe that Ezra is now capable of getting his kyber crystal?" I asked.

"Believing Ezra is ready to get his crystal is up to you and him, us, not," Master Yoda said.

"So should I get myself and Ezra ready for Ilum?" I asked.

"I think you know full well that Ilum might not be the best place for Ezra to get his crystal," Master Kenobi said. I stared at him in confusion. Ilum's temple is normally where all Padawan's going to get their crystals. Then again, Ezra isn't a normal Padawan.

"I will study where the best temple could be for Ezra," I said.

"Good luck Knight Dume and May the Force be with you," Master Fisto said. I bowed before leaving. Only one thought kept going through my head. What Temple is best for Ezra to get his crystal?

Present Day

I looked at the map again. After all my research, there was only one Temple, the Force kept telling me to take Ezra to.