Chapter 8-Progress and High Numbers

Disclaimer: I do not own anything.

Thoughts and past talking

Kanan POV

It's been about a month after Ezra became my Padawan and Ahsoka rejoining the Order. A lot of people were happy with Ahsoka's return, especially Chancellor Padme Skywalker. When Palpatine was discovered as the Sith Lord and was killed, they held a vote on who would be the next Chancellor. Thankfully they chose Padme, Anakin Skywalker's wife. The Council explained to me that since Ezra was 'too old' I had to catch him up to speed so I immediately started training him the day after he became my Padawan. The first lesson was teaching him how to levitate things with the force. At first I thought it would be difficult but he was a complete natural. He was able to levitate things in less than 3 days, levitating things such as steel crates, tables and when the opportunity showed itself, Mace Windu's lunch. The next several days were teaching him how to let the force flow between the body and the mind. Slow and precise movements that centered on being balanced and your flexibility.

"So basically it's like a fancy version of yoga,". I smiled remembering Ezra's comment when we started that portion. When that was done we moved on to how to use the force to increase our athletic abilities. Though it only took him less than 20 minutes to learn how to jump over 15 feet in the air! Along with using it to keep up with me in races and his years in the streets were given thanks since it helped him be able to do a back flip on the first try!

"How come we need to practice something I already know?" He said when we were going over back flipping a few times.

"Because then you will be able to build stamina. Using the Force is a lot like exercising. When using the Force it will take tolls on you mind and just like exercising, practicing it will be able to help be more use to it," I explained to him that time. He nodded, saying that it made sense and we resumed his training. Though what Ezra best excelled at was his ability to connect with others. During a mission where I took Ezra with to see how we did things, we left him in the Ghost and me and Hera got caught. I sent a message through our Force Bond and before the storm troopers could put binders on us, an entire army of tooka cats came rushing in, attacking all the troopers. It was really hard trying not to laugh, but we were astonished. We found Ezra holding one of the cats and he explained to us that he told the tooka's that he needed help freeing us. That led to the discovery of his strong ability of connecting to others. Animals, plants and even people sometimes, though he usually likes using it to connect with animals, mostly anything that was related to the tooka cat family since they reminded him of the loth-cats from his home. Though that was a week ago and right now Ezra was with my Master Depa, going over lightsaber forms, while I was in the library, going through some archives to learn about this Darth Bane character.

"Hello, Knight Dume, studying, of what?" I heard a voice behind me. I turned to see Master Yoda, leaning on his walking stick.

"Master Yoda, I didn't know you were here. If you don't mind me asking, why are you in the library?" I asked.

"You, troubles I sense. What worries, do tell," he said. He then jumped off the ground and onto the table before sitting down with his walking stick at his side. I was hesitant but I felt like it should just come out.

"I've been wondering about what that, Darth Bane guy said. About how a kid from the Outer-Rim will defeat him," I explained. Master Yoda's expression then lit up.

"Your Padawan, Ezra Bridger, child from Darth Bane's vision, you believe?" He said. I sighed deeply and nodded. If Ezra really is the child Darth Bane prophesied, then Ezra will gain a heavy burden on his shoulders. He then looked down. After a while he then said,