Chapter 13- Danger Around the Corner

I do not own anything

Ezra POV

I was pretty nervous, being sent on a mission to make peace with a species I've only heard stories about. I wondered why the Masters didn't send one of the Jedi's that were Wookies since they were friends with the Lasats. The only thing I knew about Lasats, is that they have fur, are great fighters and have a powerful musk. I sighed as I lied back on my bed of the Ghost. What exactly do the Masters see in me? I never got a chance to look at my midichlorian count, all I got is that it was higher than an average count for my age. I then heard someone knock on the door. I unlocked the door through the Force and shouted whoever it was to come in. I saw it was Ahsoka. I jumped off from the bed and bowed to her.

"What is it, Master Tano?" I asked.

"You know you don't have to call me by that, Ezzy," she said and ruffled my hair when she called me by her nickname. I smiled and then frowned. She noticed this and asked, "What's wrong Ezra?"

"Well, it's just that, what if this whole thing goes south?" I asked with worry. I felt her place a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Ezra don't worry, you'll have us beside you and besides, this is just a simple peace mission, and Master Kenobi has already proven to me that he can be quite a peaceful and reasonable man," she assured me. I smiled and said, "Thanks, Aunt Ahsoka,". She smiled at the small name and gave me another hug.

"We'll be at Lasan in at least half an hour. A way I've always used to pass time when I was a Padawan was meditating, though I didn't exactly like it. Why don't you try it?" She asked and then left. I sighed and climbed back up into my bed. I sat down and got into meditative position. I took deep calming breaths and felt myself become more and more intuned with the Force.

"So the Republic wants those beasts on their side?".

Huh?

What was that?

A voice? Why did that sound familiar?

"Yes, our spy said that the Republic wanted to make an alliance with the Lasat's, especially since what you did to them,".

Another voice. But this one, I had no idea who I it belonged to. And did it just said, spy? That doesn't sound promising.

"Well, was he able to tell us where those beasts new hiding hole is?" said the familiar voice.

Where have I-now I remember! That voice! It belongs to that muttonchops agent guy I met back on Anaxes! I think it was Kallus. The other voice must belong to maybe a grunt? And there's a spy in the Order? I'll have to tell Kanan and the Masters about this. And why was that guy calling the Lasat's beasts?

"Apparently some have survived, should we finish what we started?" asked the grunt.

Finish what? What did they start? What did the Lasats survived?

"Yes, do you know who the Republic sent?" asked Kallus.

Please don't say-

"A fraction of the party consists of the same people you met back on Fort Anaxes with the Inquisitor, Hera Syndulla and Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus and his Padawan. The rest of the party is Jedi Masters Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi along with their padawans,".

Dang, it.

"Well, it seems it will be a very fortunate day," Kallus said, smugly I might add.

"Um, sir, I do not mean any doubt in your skills but, they are sending 6 Jedi and-," the grunt began to say but was then cut off.

"And 3 of them are just children,".