Chapter 5- An Old Family Reunion Part 1

Disclaimer: I do not own anything, including the image. By the way I'm not doing that description thing, it's a little dumb.

Link to image: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/pin/414753446910011806/

7 years ago...

Ahsoka P.O.V

"Wake up birthday boy," I said while lightly tickling now 7 year old blue haired boy sides. First there were small giggles, but when I pressed harder.

"Hahahahaha! Aunt Ahsoka stop!" shouted the young boy, who was now fully awake. His hair was messy but his bright blue eyes shined with happiness, smiling.

"Good morning Ezra," I said.

"Good morning Aunt Ahsoka," he replied smiling. I helped him get dressed up, from his blue pjs that were decorated with little stars to a small orange t-shirt and brown shorts (like the ones in the image)and we headed downstairs. We went to the kitchen to find Mira, wearing her lavender dress and headpiece, cooking some pancakes while Ephraim, in his yellow shirt and cream white pants and tool belt, was reading the Holonews.

"Morning Mommy, morning Daddy!" Ezra shouted. The two stopped what they were doing and smiled at us.

"Good morning Ezra and good morning to you too Ahsoka," said Mira happily. She then put down her spatula and slid the pancake on a plate and set 4 of them down on the table.

"Breakfast is ready and today I made Ezra his favorite!" she said.

"Chocolate Chip Pancakes?" he gasped. Mira giggled at him.

"Yes dear,". Ezra squirmed out of my grip and quickly went to the plate where Mira just set down some milk to. I sat in between Mira and Ezra and began to eat as well.

"So birthday boy, what do you want to do today?" Ephraim asked. Ezra turned from his pancake to his father, but his cheeks were filled with the pancake so his cheeks were full like a chipmunks. Me and Mira just giggled at the adorable sight. Ezra swallowed and put his hand on his chin which is what he does when he thinks. He then stops and says,

"Spend time with all of you!" he stated happily. A sad look came on Ephraim's face.

"Sorry son but you know I have to go to work right?". A sad look came across Ezra.

"But don't worry, once I come back I'll have your birthday gift in hand," Ephraim said, hoping to cheer him up. And it did. The sad look immediately disappeared and was replaced with an excited one.

"Really? What is it?" he said excitedly. Ephraim chuckled.

"Sorry, but it's a surprise," he said with that mischievous twinkle in his eyes. Ezra pouted, then a small alarm sounded, telling Ephraim that he had to get going.

"Well I gotta go, see you all after 5," he said. He ruffled Ezra's hair which made him smile, kissed Mira on the cheek and hugged me goodbye. We finished eating and placed the dishes in the sink. We went to washing them, Ezra did his best helping by spraying the dishes with the dish detergent, Mira scrubbed them while I dried them. We spent most of the day watching the holonews. After a couple hours we went to the fields and checked on the tower, gladly finding it was still abandoned. Me and Mira sat on a hill looking at the fields. I was dozing off until the sound of a passing by TIE fighter woke me up. I looked around seeing Mira asleep and went to find Ezra, though I couldn't see them. Worry crept in my throat. I shook Mira awake and she slowly got up.

"What's wrong Ahsoka?" she said tiredly, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"It's Ezra I don't know where he is!" I said. Mira, now really woken up, got up and started looking around at the fields. We looked at each other sharing looks and we soon started searching through the fields. We then heard giggling and recognized it as Ezra's. We followed it and found him... petting a loth-kitten and dozens of others surrounding him. I remembered how loth-cats were very temperamental and how dangerous they are to their enemies. Most people would stay away from loth-cats due to them attacking those that got close to them. Yet here Ezra is being surrounded by dozens of loth-cats who seem to bare him no mind, even letting him pet a kitten and almost anyone who stumbles upon a loth-cat nest filled with babies usually end up returning home with tons of scratch marks and even a couple of bites. Mira stepped forward, accidentally stepping on some dried up reeds that made a loud enough cracking sound that all the cats and Ezra noticed us. At first the loth-cats got into their attacking stances, but they immediately stopped when Ezra held his hand up, very similar to that of a Jedi using the Force. Yet now my body felt so at peace. As if waves of a calming aura was sweeping through me, making me feel as though I was meditating in a breezeless field filled with the scent of my home world's flowers( I have no idea what the flora of Shili is). I soon placed two and two together, Ezra and was either internationally or unintentionally sending calming waves like when Jedi need to calm someone down. Soon all the cats were calm down as well. Me and Mira shared some looks, worried if the Sith somehow felt it.