👻 chapter ㅡ t w o 👻

I passed by a mirror and saw myself.
I looked just like them. I'm in a school uniform and my hair had always been like this since I could remember; mid-length and straight, a.k.a. boring. I can't leave this stupid school.

Sometimes, I wonder if only I could travel to other placesㅡmaybe it would be easier to find the answers I've been looking for. But when I reach the main gate of the school and I try to walk past it, I bounce back. I'm trapped. I'm lonely. I stalk students and teachers like the creep I am.

Today, I'm in class 2-9. I go section by section and year by year. I learnt that the history teacher, Ms. Han Seol Hee, sometimes get bored of her own subject, too. Somehow, her name rings a bell from the very beginning. Maybe she was my teacher back when... I don't know-there's got to be a when before my state right now.

The bell rang. Students rushed out of the classroom. It's lunch time! My most hated time of the day. I could see all those food I could never consume or touch. It's so unfair! How am I supposed to test my fifth sense?

I bumped into Kim Hyojong, a student from 2-5. He has a girlfriend named Hyuna and they have a really messy relationship because one of them cares too much, while the other cares too less. Hyuna is a senior. She's in class 3-1 (one that I haven't been) and from what I stalked, the couple gets into a lot of fights lately because she's leaving school next year and Hyojong will still be stuck here. I don't know what he's sulking about when he has great friends-the two other guys, named Hwitaek and Hongseok.

Lee Hwitaek is totally my crush. Yes, I stalk him more often than anybody else. I know that he once asked a girl out from class 2-4, but she turned him down. I do not get how she turned him down! Hwitaek sings like a total angel. He's so nice and hardworking. He can play the piano and he's part of the school's dance club. He is so far from the basic. I wonder if I liked him Before.

"Let's go together!" he yelled at Hongseok, then they went to the cafeteria arm in arm. Hyojong stalked off with Hyuna again. Sometimes, I feel bad for his friends. They're always left hanging.

I sat beside Hwitaek while they ate. I don't really watch them anymore because I join their table every day and I think I've memorized the way he laughs, he smiles and eatsㅡor drinks. I know I'm creepy, but he doesn't know that and they don't see me so I guess, it doesn't matter?

"Were they fighting again?" Hongseok asked.

Hwitaek shrugged. "Probably."

Hongseok and I sighed at the same time. "I just don't get it. They should be making the most of it instead."

"I know, right!" I chimed in.

Hwitaek shook his head. "They'll cool down."

"By the way, did you audition to that band?"

Band? I looked at Hwitaek. "You auditioned in a band?"

"Yeah," he replied with a nod.

"Oh my gosh!" I covered my mouth in excitement.

Hongseok leaned closer across the table. "How was it?"

Hwitaek shrugged with a sigh. "Well, they said my voice isn't for a band-or the music they make."

"Are they crazy! Your voice is for every type of music!" I argued.

"They're insane, dude." Hongseok said and I nodded in agreement. "Well, you didn't lose anything but they lost a gem."

Hwitaek grinned. Ugh. Beautiful. "Why are you so nice to me! It's suspicious!" he said to Hongseok. I looked at Hongseok and shook my head. I observed it before. He's starting to like that girl that Hwitaek asked to hang out before.

The bell rang again. Lunch time ended. The hallways were full of students, as usual. I'm careful not to bump into anyone because even if they don't see me, or can't touch me, they feel my impact when I bump into them. They trip on their step all of a sudden and I'm not a troll-unless it's someone I highly dislike.

I followed Hongseok and Hwitaek to class 2-5 because I'm too exhausted to be in an unfamiliar class, besides, among all the class I've visited, I like class 2-5 the most.

"I heard there will be a new student tomorrow." A girl said to her seatmate. I sat between them on the floor.

"Who?" I asked at the same time her friend did.

The girl shrugged. "Dunno, but I heard he was quite popular in his previous school."

I sighed lazily. "So, why transfer?"

"Does that mean he's hot?" The other girl asked excitedly.

I rolled my eyes.

The first girl leaned towards the other and whispered above me, "Heard he's popular for the bad things."

"Ew! Why would our school accept someone like him then?"

She shrugged. "No idea. I'm just intrigued about him." She said with a smirk. I looked at her name tag. Jang Ga Hee.

When the school day ends, that's when I start to dread. I'm left alone in this huge school every night and it's scary even though I've never seen anyone or anything else. I took a deep breath and saw the librarian leaving the library. I ran into her on purpose and she dropped all her things on the floor. She looked around with a frown and freaked out face before picking them all up quickly. She was about to turn off the lights when I bumped myself into her again. This time, the hair all over her body rose. She quickly picked up all her things again and locked the door without turning off the lights. I grinned. It's good I won't spend a dark night then.

I wandered around the library, wishing I could touch things. The night got deeper and it got lonelier. I don't feel sleepiness anymore, but I sat on one of the chairs there and closed my eyes. Sometimes, I would fall asleep but it would be the same hollow feeling inside me when I wake up later. I heard people are suppose to have recharged their energy once they've gotten enough sleep.

I yawned as the librarian opened up the library.

"What took you so long! It's almost nine. I am so late to my class!" I whined at her. She looked around warily before getting to her job. I smirked and ran out of the library to class 2-5. Today, the new student is arriving. I cannot miss his introduction!

I panted, even though I didn't really get tired from running, by the door. Everything is still ordinary. The students looked sleepy as hell. Gahee and her friends were chattering about the newcomer. Hyojong is bright today. He's messing around with Hwitaek and Hongseok. I smiled at the sight of Hwitaek. How can the teacher arrive so late?

I stood behind the class. Then finally, the teacher walked in with the new guy.

"Good morning, class. I introduce you to your new classmate, Kang Hyunggu."

People chattered.

"Quiet!" The teacher yelled.

Kang Hyunggu was about to speak, but then his mouth hang slightly open. His eyes widened. I stared at him and realized-he is looking at me.

♡>▪<♡

a/n: thanks for reading!
no idea when i'll update again~

for now, go check out
and stream pentagon's
comeback~ #빛나리 #SHINE and their album #POSITIVE ♡

for now, go check outand stream pentagon'scomeback~ #빛나리 #SHINE and their album #POSITIVE ♡