👻 chapter ㅡ t h r e e 👻

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

Almost the whole class looked in my direction and for a moment, I felt seen! But they stared blankly at the wall behind me and then looked back at Kang Hyunggu who was still looking at me. He cleared his throat and smiled charmingly. "Hello, everyone! I'm Kang Hyunggu. I hope we get along well." He said.

People chattered again.

"Alright, Kang Hyunggu, go take a seat wherever you want."

There were only two empty seats: one that's close to Hwitaek and one that's close to Gahee. Hyunggu walked across the room to Hwitaek.

I heard Gahee sigh and saw her roll her eyes.

Hwitaek smiled friendly at Hyunggu. "Hi," he said in a low voice.

Hyunggu just smiled and then looked at me once more. I walked towards him and then sat on the ground beside him. "Why do you keep looking at me?" I asked.

He looked at me pointedly. I gasped.
"Oh myㅡdo you see me?" I asked. He didn't answer. He just shook his head and took out some notebooks. And he never looked at me again for the rest of the day.

Maybe he doesn't see me, after all.

👻👻👻

It's physical education class.
Students were told to run ten rounds in the gym. I ran with the students, though I wish I could do it in jogging pants too. Gahee chatted with her friends as they ran so slowly. I ran past them and caught up with Hyojong, Hwitaek and Hongseokㅡand Hyunggu.

"Woah, all of your names begin with H, guys!" I said.

Hyunggu swallowed hard. The others kept on messing around while running. Hyojong is laughing while he bumped his shoulders against Hongseok. Hwitaek was trying to be more friendly with Hyunggu. And then the boys started playing football against class 2-8.

There's a huge guy named Wooseok there, and his friend named Yuto who's really great in football. He scored mostly. I spotted their classmate, Shinwon, who elbowed Hyunggu to distract him from the ball.

My jaw dropped. "HEY! THAT IS CHEATING!" I yelled as Shinwon ran to the end zone. I ran so fast and bumped myself into him before he could kick the ball. He tripped and fell onto the ground.

"Shinwon! What are you doing?" Wooseok asked. I smirked and picked myself up from the ground.

"Class 2-5, for the win!" I screamed, grinning. I looked at Hyunggu and caught him smiling as he ran to make a goal. And he did. The boys of class 2-5 jumped in victory, lifting Hyunggu up.
"Newbie isn't so bad." Hyojong said, grinning.

Obviously, Kang Hyunggu won most of the boys' approval of friendship after the football match. After everyone got changed, they continued talking about the game in the classroom.

I sat on the ground beside Hyunggu, staring off into space.

"That's the first time in a long time that we won!" Hongseok exclaimed.

"That guy Yuto is amazing." Hwitaek said.

"Uh-huh," I said lazily. "And handsome." I added. Hyunggu snorted. I looked at him, but he was still focused on his new classmates.

"But you did a good job today, Hyunggu!" Hyojong said with a smile.

While I waited for the class to finish, I caught a glance of Hyunggu's notebook. He is doodling. ROOFTOP. I looked at him again and this time, he threw a glance at me and pointed at the doodle. ROOFTOP.