👻chapterㅡseventeen👻

A/N: Hey, everyone! Sorry for the wait! Past few days have been hectic~ and thank you so much for all your kind words about my English haha! I still have a lot to work on but thank youuuu! Hope you enjoy this chapter!~

"I'm sorry about earlier, Hyunggu." Hyojong apologized. They were sitting on their usual table, having lunch.

"No, it's alright. Thanks for doing that." Kino said reluctantly, and then he asked the thing that's been bothering him since his argument with Gahee. "Have you guys known all this time?"

Hongseok sighed, "Well, we heard the rumors even before you came."

"Was... it true?" Hwitaek asked, absent mindedly playing with his food and chopsticks.

Kino swallowed, "Yes."

"It doesn't matter." Hyojong said, looking at the three of them. "What happens in the past stays there."

Hwitaek nodded, smiling a little. "I agree. Besides, you're cool to be with."

"And we're friends," Hongseok said, "We're not angels either."

Kino smiled, "Thanks, guys." he said. He looked at each of them and knew he had found a friendship that might just last long. "Can you guys just call me Kino?"

"Kino? Why?" Hyojong asked.

He shrugged, "It's just what people who are close to me call me."

"Oh, a nickname!" Hwitaek said.

"Where did you get it?" asked Hongseok.

"I used to dance a lot back then. Whenever I joined competitions, I use the name Kino."

"Heol," Hyojong said. "Why didn't you tell me! You should join our dance club."

"Yeah, I'm in it, too." Hwitaek said.

"Audition's tonight. You in?" asked Hyojong.

Kino took a deep breath. He hasn't danced in so long. He wasn't sure if he's ready to go back to that kind of life but he found himself saying, "Sure."

• •

I left Yumi's phone at the rooftop and went back down to find Kino. Lunch is over. I went to class 2-5 and found him talking with his friends. He seemed really happy that I hesitated about approaching him, but then he saw me and smiled.

"Kino," I called. "Can you meet me later at the rooftop?"

He simply nodded.

"I'll wait." I said and left the room.

• •

I held Yumi's phone in my hands. I found the video that Gahee was so frustrated about but I couldn't bring myself to watch it alone. After the long wait for the school hours to be over, I felt arms wrapped around my waist from behind.

"Hi," Kino whispered in my ear.

I smiled and turned around. "Hi."

"Everything alright?"

I showed him the phone. "It's Yumi's."

He gasped and looked at me, wide-eyed. "Why did you..."

"I overheard them talking today. Gahee was telling her to delete a video. I think... they filmed what happened that dayㅡwhen I fell."

"Have you seen it?"

I shook my head. "I couldn't watch it alone."

He hugged me close. "Let's go home first."