Epilogue

11 months later

There's always that boy.
That particular place, that particular boy, and that particular music in my dreams.

In twelve months, I dreamed about it often and I always woke up with a smile. I'm better now, not as good as I used to be before the comaㅡbut better. I can walk, move more smoothly, feed myself, dress myself. I can spend the whole night online again like a normal teenager, watching dramas and movies. It's just thatㅡI can't remember many things. My dad told me that it must have been because of my brain injury, and that it was a miracle I didn't forget everything.

I turned on my laptop and opened Gmail because I ordered a dress online. It's blue and beautiful, and when I saw it, I couldn't make myself look away. It was strange how it felt like a deja vu when I was seeing it for the first time. I have no idea where I'd wear it but I ordered it anywayㅡand now I'm looking for the shipment details.

I looked at the jar of yellow string lights on my desk and remembered Kino. I've been reading our exchange of e-mails since I got back to my senses. We wrote to each other for two years and stopped when I got into coma. By reading his e-mails, I was surprise to find out how much we told each other.

One of his messages before the accident was this:

To: melodyyuna0321@gmail.com
From: kinnovator98@gmail.com
Date: September 28, 2015, 8:00 PM

Yuna, my family is moving to Seoul! Do you want to meet up?

I closed the e-mail and scrolled up through others that were left unread for such a long time.

To: melodyyuna0321@gmail.com
From: leeyuna_thesoul@gmail.com
Date: December 8, 2015, 7:00 PM

Hi, Yuna! First of all, I'm so glad you are reading this message because that means you are awake and you are alright. You see, I am you. You might not believe that because you don't remember but I'm typing this right now because I want you to remember everything.

I sat almost unmoving in front of my laptop while I scrolled down to read the rest of the message, and I couldn't believe what I was reading. It's the most impossible thing in the world, but how come everything fell into the place? It's like this message had been one of my missing puzzle pieces.

I gasped, covering my mouth, reading the part of the message where a place was describedㅡand I couldn't believe how similar it was to my dream! My exchange of e-mails with Kino made more sense when I read this message. The ghosts, the accident, how his mother helped us to win the case against the Jangs; but what caught my attention the most is this,

I don't know how much time I'm left with now that things are almost over, but lastly, I want you to remember this the mostKino. You are in love with him. He has the most beautiful smile among everyone you've met. He cares a lot about you. He likes dancing. His real name is Kang Hyunggu, but you always called him Kino. He took you to places you've never been before, and he made you feel things you've never felt before. His favorite food is mandu and bulgogi made by his mom. He did everything he could for you to wake up again. I do not know how things are going to be when I become you, but please thank him and his mother for me. And you, I hope things turn out well for you and your dad. I know you were betrayed beforebut I want you to know also that, there are people who truly love you and care about you. Please stay strong. You've been through so much to get where you are.

👻👻👻👻👻

I'm going back to school for the second semester of sophomore. My old classmates are going for the second semester of their third year. It's been so long. I don't know if I'll ever be the same anymore. I looked at the e-mail I typed last night to Kino. It's crazyㅡhow it's been a year since he asked me that question. I don't know if it was still valid.