👻chapterㅡsixteen👻

Kino looked around the rooftop to make sure there was nobody else there before going to me. "Yuna! Is everything alright? You looked agitated earlier..."

I shook my head. "No, I heard something. I followed Ms. Han to the school director's office today and Gahee was there too. I think we're right, Kino. Gahee plays a big part on why this happened to me. Ms. Han knows something andㅡand she quit on her job here today."

"What!" Kino exclaimed, his eyes widening.

"She said she'll reveal the truth about why I am in coma. When she left, I heard the director promise Gahee that he would shut her up." I looked up at Kino. "Kino, what does he mean? I'm afraid for Ms. Han. What if she gets in trouble because of me?"

Kino walked towards me and wrapped me in his arms. "No, it's not your fault. She is standing up to what is right."

"I'm afraid to find out the real reason why I'm in the brink of death right now."

He caressed my hair gently. "I know, but the truth is always the hardest to face. The right thing is always the hardest to doㅡbut we have to do it, Yuna." He took a deep breath and pulled me closer to him. "You will wake up and everything will be alright."

• •

"Mom," Kino said when his mom came to visit his room. "You have to stop grounding me."

"Did something happen?" she asked worriedly.

He looked up at her, his eyes shone with tears that won't fall. "I have to help her."

His mother shook her head. "I can't let you do something that would damage your life again, Kinoㅡ"

"But she cannot wake up if she doesn't find out what really happened to her!" he said desperately, "I want her to live, mom."

"I'm sorry, Kino." She said and turned her back on him.

"She could have been attempted to be murdered!"

With that, his mother turned to face him with an expression of disbelief. "What?"

"She's a great girl, mom. She used to go to this schoolㅡshe used to rank first in the whole batch. We've been both looking into it. It seems like one of the students is the reason why she almost died, and why she would die if I don't help her. Mom, I cannot stand back. I cannot live and get better after this knowing for the rest of my life that I let someone die when I could have saved her."

His mother swallowed. There was a tension in the silence between them.

"Everyone's trying to forget her. Like nothing happened at all." he said, feeling his chest clenching tight.

"How are you going to help her, Kino? This could be way beyond what you can do."

"You're a lawyer, mom. You can help me, right?"

• •

I asked Kino to leave me in school tonight after I found the school director's office, I decided I would look for something that could help my case. There must be something here. I started on his desk, rummaging inside his drawers but most of them were locked, and the ones that weren't just contain ordinary office things. I turned on his laptop but it requests a password. I heaved a deep sigh and covered my face with my hands. When will the director be in his office again?

I made my way out of the building. I can't leave school for tonight. I'm stuck and I found out nothing. I was starting to get upset when I saw head lights in front of the campus. "Yuna!" the familiar voice called.