👻chapter ㅡ s i x👻

"That's easy." I said as Kino and I headed back to school.

He looked around before muttering, "What's easy?"

"Easy to die. I have no memories. I have nothing in this world. Maybe it's easier to die this way. You know, no emotional attachments."

He grabbed his phone and typed so fast. ARE U INSANE? YES, YOU ARE. YOU COULD HAVE A FAMILY WAITING FOR YOU TO WAKE UP.

"Then will you help me?" I asked.

He typed more slowly this time. I WILL THINK ABOUT IT.
I guess I'll think about it too, whether living is worth it or not.

👻👻👻

"Where were you?" Kino asked me. We're back to his room now.

I grinned. "Does that mean, I missed you?"

He frowned. "Shut up."

I laughed and turned around, leaving the room while he dressed up. "I was in class 3-1. Stalking."

"You have nothing better to do?"

"Ha. If I can't touch anything at all then yes, I've been spending the entire ghost life bored as f—you know what? Never mind."

"Bored as fff, huh? I'm done. Come back in."

When I did, he's sitting in front of his desk again. "You know, you look like a good student sitting in front of your desk after school—if only you were really doing homework."

He glared at me.

"Okay. I'll shut up."

"Tell me anything about your experience in school first." he said, taking a notebook as if to take notes.

"Wait, you are going to help me?" I asked, my eyes wide.

"You are the last ghost I'm ever going to help."
Wow. I really didn't expect this. What should I say? He raised an eyebrow and said, "Talk."

"Woah, okay. Okay." I said, thinking of what to tell him.
"I've been observing a lot of people. I go section by section and year by year everyday." I said.

"Any familiar people?"

I sighed disappointedly. "Not really. I thought Ms. Han Seol Hee rang a bell—but I don't know."

"Han Seol Hee? The history teacher?"

"Yeah."

"Damn. She's an effective sleeping pill."

I chuckled. "She gets sleepy sometimes too."

He wrote it on the notebook: HAN SEOL HEE.
"Anything else?"

"Oh, I have a crush."

"Great. A ghost with a crush."

I rolled my eyes. "Stop being so salty! Anyone can have a crush unless you're a rock—are you?"

"Fishing for info?"

"Well, duh, it's only fair since I'm about to tell you the story of my ghost life."

"I am helping you out."

"Jeez. Fine. Okay, my crush is Lee Hwitaek."

He chuckled. "You are so blunt."

"What? You expect me to act shy? Unless you are my crush, don't."

He wrote it: LEE HWITAEK. "Do you think he could have been your boyfriend before you died?"