👻chapter ㅡ t e n👻

AM I ALIVE YET?

I opened my eyes and I wasn't sure if anything changed at all. I still feel the same and I remember everything. I got up and looked around, only to see Kino looking back at me. His mouth slightly open and his eyes were wide.

"Why?" he asked.

I looked behind to my body. "Why?" I asked the same.

"I don't understand."

"Neither do I."

"Try again."

I laid back and closed my eyes. Nothing.

"B-but this is you!" Kino exclaimed.

"Kino, footsteps. Someone's coming!" I said.

He looked around and slipped under the bed because there was nowhere else to hide. The door opened, revealing a man in his white robe. He's a doctor, but he's alone. He looked like he hasn't gotten so much sleep with the dark shadows around his eyesㅡand his pale lips.

I got off the bed and stood beside it instead.
"Yuna, how are you feeling?" he asked softly. His voice!

I looked at him again. "You're my dad?" I said. He held my hand with both of his.

"Yuna... I want you to live." He said, "I know I haven't given you so much of my time because of work, but I promise you, if you open your eyes againㅡI will do anything you want, whatever it is."

When tears streamed down his face full of sorrow and pain, I realized I was crying too. "I'm so sorry that," he said between sobs. "It had to be like this before I realize how much I wasn't there for you after your mom left us." He took a shaky breath. "I want to see you go to college, fall in love, get married, have your own family. I want to see my future grandchildren..."

My chest hurts. I stared at my own physical body as a tear rolled down my cheek physically. My dad's eyes widened. "Oh, Yuna... you hear me right now, don't you? Please... don't give up the fight."

I held his hand and squeezed it. "I'm so sorry. I don't know how to come back." I muttered.

He looked down at his hand, his eyes wide as if he felt my touch. He looked around but there was no one, and then he looked at the physical me again and broke down crying. He quickly wiped his tears away when the door slammed open. "Doctor Lee, you're on call." Someone said. He simply nodded and kissed my forehead before leaving.

"Yuna..." Kino said, breaking the silence. He held my shoulder. I wiped my tears away and said, "Let's get out of here."

• •

Kino and I showed up in front of the familiar, eerie shop. We were welcome once again by Jinho. "I knew you two would be back." He said, smiling. "Come in."

Inside, his grandpa was talking to someone else. "He has a customer now. Come on in the waiting room." said Jinho.

The waiting room was a lot brighter and, in fact, looked cozy. Kino and I sat on the couch. He opened a fridge and grabbed a canned soda, passing it to Kino. He looked at me, "Your drink?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine. Thanks."

He shrugged and closed the fridge. "So, Kino, you decided to help her anyway?"

Kino nodded quietly, sipping from his soda. Jinho looked at me, "He never changed. He always helps ghosts."

Kino shot him a glare.

"How many ghosts have you helped?" I asked Kino.

"Three."

"Plus me?"