Chapter Ten | Hogsmeade

The next two weeks trickled by at a moderate speed. Ariana was happy with her classes, with the exception of Divination, and was simply overjoyed to be back at the place she called home with the people she considered family. Unfortunately for them, Harry nor Ariana had any parents and no guardians willing to sign a permission slip to visit Hogsmeade Village, so they watched their friends head away on the excursion.

The courtyard was buzzing with third-years and up, all waiting to visit the village. As it was the weekend, most of the students were wearing Muggle clothing, including Ariana. She wore dark skinny jeans, a black lace top and black, knee-high heeled boots. Her eyes were quite dull as she watched her fellow students excitedly hurry towards Mr. Filch, handing in their forms.

"Remember!" Professor McGonagall called, shouting over the chatting students, "These visits to Hogsmeade Village are a privilege. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege shall not be
extended again."

Ariana heard Harry sigh, then he strode towards McGonagall. She knew he was going to ask for her to sign his slip, but the girl also knew his attempt would be in vain. The grey-headed Professor was a nice woman with a maternal instinct, which she had shown while talking to Ariana and her friends on a few occasions, but the she was also strict.

She and Harry had a short conversation, but judging by Harry's disheartened expression, Ariana's prediction was correct. The white-haired witch gave Harry a sympathetic smile as he traipsed back over to join her. Ron and Hermione both stood across the way, waiting to see the outcome of Harry's attempt. When Harry shook his head, their faces fell, obviously wanting their two other friends to be able to join them. Harry and Ariana gave them a small wave goodbye as the group parted ways.

"What would you like to do?" enquired Ariana, standing in the massive doorway that lead into the school.

"I don't know," Harry sighed, staring at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing he had ever seen.

"Let's walk," Ariana said. "Maybe we'll think of something to occupy ourselves with while we do."

Harry obliged and walked by her side, their footsteps clicking as their shoes impacted the stones that covered the ground. The sun shone down on them, stray beams of light trickling through the gaps in the trees that covered the grounds. Mountains could be seen in the distance, the vibrant green grass that covered them almost glowing in the light. The Scottish Highlands were absolutely beautiful, and that is something everyone agreed upon.

Only the first and second-years were left on the grounds, and they were outside enjoying the weather. Some read books, whereas others played sports and gossiped with each other. Ariana watched them. Although she was, at most, two years older then them, she looked at them through mature eyes. She knew Harry did as well. Between her rancid home life and challenging battles with one of the darkest wizards of all time, she had been forced to grow up fast. She never had the opportunity to have a childhood, not if she wanted to survive.

"Ariana?"

Being drawn from her thoughts, Ariana faced Harry. "Yes?"

"Why didn't you get your permission form signed?" He questioned, frowning with confusion.

"In all honestly, I completely forgot about the form," Ariana lied.

She had never told anyone about her home life. The only people she would even consider confiding in were her three closest friends, more so Harry since he had suffered at the hands of his Aunt, Uncle and Cousin, but they all had more than their fair share of problems to deal with.

Harry nodded pitifully, then chuckled. "You need to get a Remembrall."

Ariana laughed. The duo made their way up the gravel path towards one of the bridges on the castle grounds. It was made of sturdy oak, was extremely long and had archways going up its length, stretching up to the covered roof.