Chapter Fifteen | Butterflies

Depressingly, Ariana's shower didn't have the effect she wished it would, but it was still relaxing to feel the warm water run over her pale skin.

After getting prepared and dressed, the four friends met in the Great Hall for breakfast. Classes resumed as they usually did and, unfortunately for them, the first class of the morning was Divination.

After having gotten through that painful class, listening to Professor Trelawney make predictions about her students, and received homework (write an essay on Tasseography), the group of Gryffindors hurried out of the class.

Ariana and Hermione peeled off to quickly attend Ancient Runes, while the others headed to DADA. Ariana had to force her eyes to remain open as their Professor drawled on for 50 minutes, in stark contrast to Hermione, who was leaning forward in her seat eagerly.

At the end of the class, Hermione pulled their Time Turner necklace from around her neck. The gold chain had an enchantment on it that made it extendable, meaning more than one person could use it if needed.

The girls put the chain around their necks and spun the Turner. A small hourglass lay inside a circular gold charm, a small winder on the side (much like one on a watch) for turning. Ariana spun it once and watched time reverse.

People dashed backwards at an incredible pace, the last 50 minutes rewinding. Once it was done, the girls ducked behind a pillar. One of the rules of time was that they could not be seen, or it could cause catastrophic consequences.

They made the journey from the East Tower to the third floor, heading into classroom 3C for DADA. Ariana felt butterflies darting about her stomach, but she pushed the feeling aside, effectively spraying an emotional equivalent of Raid inside her stomach to kill the butterflies.

By the time they made it, everyone was already inside, all sitting at their desks. Ariana slid into her usual seat beside Harry, and Hermione was situated beside Ron.

Ariana noticed how the shutters were closed over the windows and the room was in darkness. The biggest difference was that their Professor was different; Snape stood at the back of the classroom, tapping a projector with his wand.

"Werewolves?" Ron questioned, staring at his textbook in confusion.

"But, sir, we've only just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks," Hermione pointed out, expressing the same concern Ariana was feeling.

"Quiet!"

Ron and Harry both took double-takes at their companions, still having no.idea how they were continually appearing out of nowhere.

"When did they come in? Did you see them come in..." Ron questioned rapidly, completely stumped.

Ariana smirked and pulled a textbook from her bag, lying it on the table as she prepared to open it up.

"What page are we reading?" she asked Harry quietly, hoping it was quiet enough to avoid Snape's ears as he walked past her.

"394," Harry whispered.

Ariana nodded and opened up her book. The page gave an in-depth description of every known fact about the Werewolf, including a diagram of the tall, muscular creature.

"Now. Which of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape enquired, now standing at the front of the class.

A slide of a diagram of a Werewolf appeared on the screen at the front of the class, then shifted to a crude depiction of an attacking Werewolf.

The class stared at their acting DADA Professor silently, apparently not knowing the answer. Ariana silently raised her hand, holding it level with her head.

"No one? How... disappointing," Snape said, blatantly ignoring Ariana and Hermione's hands. The white-haired of the two lowered her hand.

"Please, sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter," Hermione explained. "Furthermore, the werewolf only responds only to the call of its own kind -"

Draco interrupted Hermione and let out a low howl, his arm still in a cotton sling. Ariana rolled her eyes at his childish behaviour.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Snape demanded, his eyes firing daggers at Hermione. "Five points from Gryffindor! As a antidote to your classmate's ignorance, I prescribe two rolls of parchment on the werewolf by Monday morning, with particular emphasis placed on recognizing it."

The entire class groaned, but Ariana and Harry were even more irritated, since they had a Quidditch match tomorrow.

"But, Sir, we have Quidditch tomorrow," Harry complained.

Snape, obviously annoyed, lurched forwards, his hands splayed on their desk. He leaned so far forward that Harry leaned backwards in his chair, although Ariana refused to move.

"Then I suggest you and Miss. O'Connor take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you." Snape withdrew and made his way towards the back of the classroom. "The term 'werewolf' is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word 'wer', which means 'man', and 'wolf'. Werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a werewolf. They include being given the power of shape-shifting... being bitten by a werewolf..."

Ariana would of concentrated on Snape's lecture on the Werewolf, but she and Harry were distracted by a piece of paper that fluttered onto their desk, shaped like a bird. They shared a questioning look before turning in the direction from which it came, and was met with Draco's amused stare.

Ariana picked up the paper and unfolded it, then frowned at the drawing. Malfoy had scribbled an animated drawing of Harry and Ariana on their broomsticks during a Quidditch match, and a Slytherin Catcher threw the Quaffle at their heads, then lightning struck the pair of them.

Draco chuckled as the pair of Gryffindors shook their heads. The match tomorrow was against the Slytherin team, and naturally Draco was very supportive of anything that had a chance of beating Harry, Ariana and the Gryffindors in general.

Both of them ignored Draco and focused on their lesson, but Ariana couldn't help but miss the presence of their usual DADA Professor, no matter how much she attempted to ignore it.

~~~~~

Question:
Which Hogwarts Professor was revealed to have Voldemort residing inside their body?

A: Professor Trelawney

B: Professor Sprout

C: Professor Quirrel

Congratulations to Blackstars36 for answering the previous question correctly.