Chapter Thirty-Six | Time Reversal

Ariana watched Harry as time reversed. His face was the epitome of shock, amazement and bewilderment.

A Time reversed in a dizzying backwards blur, as if someone was reversing a tape. Everything that had happened in the Hospital raced past them, including themselves.

Ariana saw a quick flash of herself being tended to by Madame Pomfrey, then carried in by a hurrying Snape, tailed by Ron and Hermione.

If she was to allow her feeling to take over, she would be a mess. She could never look at a full moon and appreciate its beauty ever again, because now, it would cause a brutal transformation into a supernatural creature.

She put a cork in the bottle that contained her feelings, although it wouldn't hold for long. Her main focus was Sirius.

The time reversal ended. The sky was no longer as dark as coal, but a burnt orange, the sun peaking out from above the horizon.

Ariana lifted the chain off of Harry's neck and Hermione removed it from her own, allowing the white-haired witch to tuck it back into her shirt.

"What just happened? Where's Ron?" Harry questioned, looking about his surroundings madly.

Ariana and Hermione ignored the question, knowing they had a limited amount of time to complete their mission.

Hermione looked up at the clock on the wall. "Seven-thirty. Where were we at seven-thirty?"

"Um... Going to Hagrid's," Ariana said, trying to remember where they were.

"Come on! We can't be seen!" Hermione stated firmly, grabbing a confused Harry's arm.

All three of the students tore out of the Infirmary, sprinting towards the Sundial Garden. That is where they should of been around this time, and around there is where they were supposed to change something that was about to happen.

Ariana and Hermione were in the lead, showing Harry where to go. They came to a mad, huffing halt at the archway that allowed entry to the castle.

"Hermione! Ariana! Will you please tell me what it is we're doing?!" Harry begged, craving the information he needed to go on.

Hermione held a hand up, silencing him. Ariana pitied him, knowing how it feels to be kept in the dark. She placed a hand in his back, guiding him forward. The boy blinked in disbelief when he saw what the girls were staring at: himself, Hermione, Ron and Ariana.

They were watching themselves confront Draco, Crabbe and Goyle at the monoliths. Ariana peered at the scene, watching herself.

It was an odd feeling, definitely. At least it gave them the opportunity to analyse herself. She looked good, but of course she was critical of everything about herself.

"But that... that's... us. This is not... normal," Harry stuttered, his mind blown.

Ariana turned away from the scene, the time Turner now dangling from its chain in her fingers, glinting a little in the small amount of sunlight.

"This is a Time-Turner, Harry. McGonagall gave it to us first term. This is how we've been getting to our lessons all year," Hermione explained, fingering the small object.

"You mean, we've gone back in time?" Harry asked, wrapping his head around the concept of time travel.

"Yes. Dumbledore wanted us to return to this moment. Something happened here that he wants us to change," Ariana answered, tucking the Time Turner away again.

A soft smack was heard. Ariana and her companions spun around to see Draco falling to the ground, running his reddening face. A smile appeared on Ariana's face as Hermione gave Draco exactly what he deserved.