Chapter Eighteen | The Marauder's Map

The meeting with Dumbledore went well. He just ensured that his students were alright and reassured them that the Dementors would not stray into the grounds again.

The next few weeks passed quite quickly. Ariana attended all of her classes, went for Quidditch practise three times per week, completed her homework and spent all the time she could with her friends.

Rumours of Sirius Black spread around the school like wild fire. The four Gryffindors ignored them, but kept an eye on the situation all of the same, just in case any of them had a whisp of truth to them.

None of them did.

Snow had began to fall over the Scottish castle, creating a magnificent landscape. The grounds had a covering of white snow, prompting more and more students to remain inside during in between classes.

Ariana and Harry's wounds had healed over, but they still pined after their brooms. For practices and matches, they borrowed ones from fellow students and from Madame Hooch, but it wasn't the same.

Once again, Ariana and Harry had to watch sorrowfully as their friends departed, leaving for a trip to Hogsmeade. They stood inside, keeping out of the snow.

Ron and Hermione, dressed for the cold weather, waved with sullen faces as they walked away.

Ariana sighed. "This is becoming a depressing habit."

"Yeah," Harry replied, deflated. Then his face lit up.

"What is it?" Ariana enquired, wondering why Harry went from sad to joyful.

"Follow me," he said, not revealing much.

He took off into a run, steaming through the castle. Ariana furrowed her eyebrows, but followed him all the same. They tore through the massive school, dodging the students and ghosts that roamed the halls.

"Harry!" Ariana called, dashing after him, but he just continued running.

The girl rolled her eyes and pursued him up a flight of stairs. She soon realised where they were heading; the Gryffindor Common Room.

The white-haired witch walked into the Common Room behind hair, following him up to the boys' dorms. Females were allowed into the males' dormitories, but vice versa was forbidden. Harry and Ron once attempted to walk up the stairs to see Ariana and Hermione, but the stairs flattened into a slide, making it impossible for them to get in, a fact the girls found hilarious.

Harry pulled his trunk from under his bed, raking though it like a mad man. Ariana stood behind him, her arms crossed as she patiently waited.

When the penny dropped, her eyes widened. Harry had his Father's old Cloak of Invisibility in his hands.

"You want to walk to Hogsmeade underneath the cloak?" Ariana questioned, wanting to reaffirm her thoughts.

"Yes," Harry nodded. "We can get to Hogsmeade using this."

"Alright. It's worth a try," Ariana smiled.

The two students made the return trip. Just before they arrived at the doors, they ducked behind a stairwell. Both if them stood by each others' side and wrapped the cloak around their bodies, rendering themselves completely invisible.

They traipsed outside, their feet sinking into the snow.

"Wait," Harry whispered. "Our footprints."

"Hang on," Ariana said, carefully withdrawing her wand. She preformed an Obliteration Charm as they walked, leaving no evidence that they were even there.