Chp. 2: I Need A Doctor

Justin's POV

"Quick, call an ambulance!" I rant as my crew rushes backstage to call an ambulance. I carry her in my arms while Kenny guides us backstage. My mom's crying. I didn't know I started to cry, too. What do you expect to feel out of this situation, happiness? I hold her hand before laying her on the couch, anxiously waiting. What the hell is taking the ambulance so long?

"Please stay strong. Keep fighting." I cry to her. Impatient, I pick her up and rush her to my car.

"What are you doing?! The ambulance is on its way!" Scooter runs beside me.

"Look, I can't risk this girl's life okay?! I need to bring her to the hospital right now!" I shout at him whilst I continue to run.

"Let's go Justin. She's losing so much blood." My mom follows.

"Okay I'm coming." Scooter approves as well.

"Me too." Kenny informs us and run inside the backseat of my car.

I carefully lay the girl down the backseat as Mom places the girl's head on her lap.

"Where's the nearest hospital?" I ask sliding into the driver's seat.

"St. Jude. 20 blocks from here." Scooter informs me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Please wait here. We'll take care of her." The doctor says calmly.

"But she needs me right now!" I try to keep my voice down but I just couldn't considering this wasn't a regular concert night.

"Just wait here and we'll do everything we can." He responds, still as calm as Kobe Bryant's hair.

"But—"

"Justin, keep calm. She'll be fine. Let's pray for her." My mom cuts me.

"Fine." I sigh and sit on one of the hospital chairs on the wall.

She nods in approval before sitting on the chair beside mine. I, being an impatient freak, decide to stand up and pace back and forth.

"What if she doesn't make it?!" I violently ask Mom.

"Justin..."

"This is all my fault. UUGHH!!" I groan as I sit down one again and bury my face in my hands.

"Justin stop blaming yourself. It's not your fault. Now, come on and let's say a prayer." Mom rubs circles on my back and closes her eyes. I try to follow her and close my eyes as well.

"Dear God, please help this precious girl live. She doesn't deserve this, she saved someone's life. Oh God, we pray for your guidance and for her full recovery. Save her from the troubles. In Jesus' name we pray, amen."

A few moments after the prayer, the doctor comes out and we all stand up.

"We've got some good news and bad news.." Only hearing two options made me cringe and shake.