Chp. 17: Save You Tonight

Justin's POV

"Thank you officer. Take care, good night." Mom tells the police dude who's just about to leave AJ's house. It's almost a week since the police were looking for AJ. Why couldn't they find her? It seems Canada's an easy place to hide and I'm sure the officers are familiar with the place. I am on the risk of saying calling the police and staying inside not doing anything is a stupid idea. The police dude nods before hopping inside his car with blue and red sirens. Mom walks towards me and Joan who's had an impassive face.

"What did they tell you? Any signs of her yet?" Joan manages to get those words out of her mouth before a gasp of cry escapes from her lips.

My mom shakes her head before she bows it. "I'm sorry." She embraces her whilst Joan's cries continues.

"The police are doing a mighty good job." I say sarcastically and put my hands behind my back before sighing. It's 8:00 in the evening and I feel completely useless. I'm such a lazy-ass boyfriend, I can't even find my girl.

~~~~~~~~~~

Laying motionless on my bed, deep thoughts and dilemmas occur inside my head. Should I go out and find AJ or sit here and wait for the police to deliver a we-haven't-got-any-clue news? My stomach starles me as it grumbles and alarms me it's been empty ever since I became anxious of finding AJ. I get up and drag myself downstairs to the kitchen. Everyone's catching Z's so I better not make any noise or else. My desire that the fridge contains the magical food that will satisfy my mad stomach has been crashed, staring at the sight of the empty fridge.

"Just great." I mumble while getting my car keys. It's midnight and I'm hoping a 24-hour fast food still blinds me with its lights.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hehehe, thank you! Hehehe." The I-assumed-sixteen-year-old-girl squeals with giddy while handing me my order. McDonald's is a reliable fast food chain and I'm thankful at Ronald who's currently grinning creepily at me.

"No problem." I refer to the picture of ours taken by herself. There was not much of people who's dining in the place yet I receive stares and glares, that's not new. I step out of the establishment, hoping no paps will see me looking like a homeless man that haven't slept in days.

Cruisin' downtown is what I've missed here in Canada. You know, just chilling, fries by your side. But it would be better if AJ was here. I scan every building I pass by. Maybe it wasn't a bad idea to just chill. Mom and Joan wouldn't mind if I—

"Hey, watch where you're driving, ya hobnocker!" The guy who's driving a truck had just screamed at me for almost crashing into his vehicle. I apologetically nod before I park safely to the other side of the establishment I'm glaring at.

Live Tonight: Aprilicious!

A medium-sized intimidating photo of AJ's posted throughout the building. My jaw drops and my eyes slowly begin to water. I could not calculate my emotions whether it's frustration, dread, or anger. I'll go with the latter.

~~~~~~~~~~

April's POV

"Hi." The bloke speaks up as he sits formally on the bed. Was 'hi' all he's gonna say? Am I not in danger of having HIV or AIDS? Cross my fingers I won't. I twitch and couldn't move my feet as it was mentally cemented. I stifled a very weak and terrified smile.

"So you're here to.. uh, you know." I say in my lowest possible voice. I have to be strong. I shouldn't be crying. Since I was kidnapped and be in the human trafficking, never a day I wouldn't cry.

I'm surprised that he smiles and actually shakes his head before opening his mouth. "Oh no, I wouldn't be the one. You see, my son just ordered me to pick a girl. Sooner or later, he'll probably arrive and he's the one who'll do.. uhm.. that, to you." He seemed like a nice man, but with the little description of his son made me have second thoughts. So it wasn't him whom I'm gonna be hooking up with. The bloke fixes his tie and puts his coat on before letting his hand run through the black cloth. He approaches me with a sympathetic smile on his face. "Be careful." His hand lands on my shoulder with a light grip. "I know doing this is against your will and maybe you're probably even threatened with death, but remember, with a little hope and positivity, everything will turn around. Life always does that to me. I even remembered what my mom had told me: Life is like a box of chocolates; you'll never know what you're gonna get."