Chp. 25: Baby, Please Don't Go (Part 1)

April's POV

Justin's tears had broken the barrier that were trying to keep them. They just roll down his cheeks as I assume he was taken aback and was speechless. I guess I should explain everything—again—to him. I hug him. I hug him tight, with all my heart. He needs comfort, understanding and a shoulder. After about a few minutes of staying in our snug embrace, I pull out and lead him to the front porch. I spot an inviting wooden bench and I guided both of us to sit on it. After several anxious sighs, I finally breathed the strength to speak.

"Justin," I start. "To tell the truth, I'm four months pregnant." I search his eyes but they remain unfocused to mine. I wipe his dried tears as I sigh to continue. "When Jamie had kidnapped me, he raped me." Those words made his head snap at me. "I didn't know that he did, I only found out the morning when I woke up, I found my clothes scattered around the area."

He drills his hazel brown eyes into mine as I read them. He understands. "When James and I were away and hidden, I often found myself getting dizzy and having morning sickness. I often experience nausea and vomit every time I smell something that has a strong scent—pleasant or not. When James was getting uncomfortable with my strange sickness, he concluded to bring me to the hospital..."

***FLASHBACK***

"Congratulations, April, you are two weeks pregnant." The obstetrician had a wide grin plastered on her petite face. Her short black hair was neatly tucked behind her ears as she runs a hand into them.

"Really?" I return her massive grin as I continue to smile with sheer happiness. "Oh my gosh, I can't believe this." I cover my mouth as I thought about Justin.

Justin.

He is going to be a dad.

I hope he accepts us; that he'll still love me even though I'm pregnant. I hope he'll take full responsibility over us and not turn his back like other pregnant teenagers.

I stare at James who had an impassive expression in his face. "James? What's wrong? Aren't you happy for me?" I ask the dirty-blonde after I put down my hand.

"I am, really." He says emotionlessly.

"Yes, you are indeed happy. I can tell by your furrowed eyebrows and poker face." I say sarcastically as he rolls his eyes.

"Look, April, I am happy but do you know who the father is?" He says straightforward as his brown eyes were drilling into mine. He was serious.

I was taken aback by his immediate question. He was right. Tears were instantly threatening to spill right out of my eyes. I only know one person who could be the another option for a father—Jamie.

"Jamie.." I whisper to myself but James had heard it.

"Exactly."

"But how? I mean, could we have some sort of test? You know, to.. to know if it's Jamie's or Justin's. There's still a chance though.." I ask him with a glint of hope in my tone.

"April," he holds my hand in between his. "Don't worry we'll have a test." He sighs before turning to the doctor. "Doc, do you have DNA test or some sort of thing like that?"

"Actually we do," her once merriness was now serious. "It's in the other building but I'm not sure where exactly. You may ask the front desk officer or call this number." She pulls the drawer and rumages it before pulling out a white rectangle card.

"Thanks." James gratefully takes it and stands up."We should get going."

"Alright, but I have to remind April a few pointers in handling teenage pregnancy." James sits down and so the doctor proceeds. "Now April, listen to me carefully, okay?"