Please Say It With Me | [WashXFreelancer!Reader]

[5/October/2017]
[Edited]

You were perfect in Wash's eyes. The way your hair glides through the air, the way your eyes reflects in the light making it sparkle, just like a night sky full of shimmering stars. The smirk you would wear on your face whenever someone took a group picture or a selfie with you. The way you always joked around during lunch break making sure everyone laughs. Sometimes even the councilor, if he came into the lunch room looking for someone. You never left anyone out no matter how unfriendly or mean they were. You were always there for him since the first time he met you, while rushing to the training room and accidentally bumping into you. Oh how times passed, you were the rookie back then. Now, you're just a place under him in the leaderboards.

Tonight, you were in the training room in the middle of the night, where you guessed that everyone was sleeping again, training harder and harder after every night that goes by. You became less energetic day by day, and your smile wasn't on your face during lunch anymore. It has gotten to the point that even Carolina released it, and she was worried. That never usually happens unless it was really serious. No one knew if you were just tired or depressed. Everyone was worried about you. They even had secret meeting to think of a way to cheer you up, but they could not think of anything. It broke him, you were always the one helping and talking out problems with the other freelancers, but when it came to you no one knew what to do or how to help. He couldn't bare to watch you crumble into a low state.

He watched you train from the observation room, just a little room above the training room where you can watch someone train or relax. You were so focused in you training that you didn't even realize Wash was watching you. At this point he was done with this. He got up the courage and walked down to the training room to find you.

"[Y/N]! Hey!" Wash called out for you in a fake cheerful tone to set the mood up.

"Washington, codenames."

"Oh yeah, sorry, [Y/CN]. We need to talk."

You stopped right at that spot. You turned to your right immediately to face him.

"Talk about what?! I'm an extra. If this is because you want to look like the good guy here, get lost. I don't need pity." You snapped and immediately regretted what you splatted out from your mouth. There wouldn't be anyone in Project Freelancer that would talk to you to act like the good guy. Especially Wash.

Wash's eyes widened slowly, he was obviously hurt. He took a step back and stiffened. He couldn't move. He was stuck in his thoughts. He examined you. You changed so much, more than he thought, and he never recognized it. Your eyes were dull and red. You had dark eye bags and your hair started to get fuzzy. Your once confident posture changed into a small shell of low self esteem.

Your eyes started getting blurry. You were on the edge of crying. Wash immediately rushes over to hold you, to lend a shoulder for you to cry on. He walked you to a small room where he usually went to watch the stars in the galaxy when he could not sleep. The room was designed as a shape of a circle and it was fully made of almost unbreakable glass. Sofas were arranged around the room and he sat with you on one sofa as you calmed down.

With his arm around you, he patted you on the back comfortingly, whispering "it's okay, I'm here. Wash is here for you," , repeating it every 10 seconds. It took around 15 minutes to calm you down and you stopped crying. You felt so safe and it felt like every worry you had was washed off (Haha get it? "Washed" off? Ok I'll stop sorry).

"Wash I'm sorry for losing it earlier, i really didn't mean any of it I know you and the others aren't those kind of peo-"

"Shhh, I know. It was just thoughts that you were keeping in yourself. It's hard to control it and you just blabber out what's on your mind when you finally get to leak it out." Wash comforted you as he placed his index finger on your lips.

You stayed quiet for a good one minute.

"[Y/N], I always wanted to tell you something, but I really don't know how to say it myself. Can you please say it with me?" Wash asked with his puppy dog eyes, staring down at you.

Who in the right mind can reject him with those eyes? You thought as you slowly nodded, still in his arms.

"I,"

"I."

"Love,"

"..love," you hesitated before saying it, you were so lost at this point.

"You."

"You?" You confusedly repeated, slowly realizing what was going on.

Wash looked away in embarrassment. His cheeks were bright red and he was sweating. You could feel his arm tense as he started to move away, when you held his arm back around you. He turned in a second and looked down at you, blushing even more. You smiled for the first time in so long and he smiled after seeing your beautiful smile again.

"Too. I love you too." You replied and his eyes sparkled. You can tell he was trying to hide the millions butterflies in his stomach.

Wash was obviously overjoyed as he held you tighter. He was the one who brought your happiness back. Both of you stared at the night sky. The stars seemed to be cheering at both of you as it twinkled.

"[Y/N], if you ever have something on your mind, please share it with me. I want to help. I love you." Wash said, now playing with your hair, gliding his fingers through those soft, [Y/H/C] hair.

"Alright David." You smiled again, still staring at the stars.

"Care to tell me why you broke down earlier,
[Y/N]?"

"Man, we are going to be sooo drowsy in the morning, dork. But I'm okay with that." You answered as you told him why you broke down not too long ago.

You never wanted to leave Project Freelancer because of the adventures with your friends here. It was so much more better than actually staying on Earth by yourself. They were your family. The only family you had left. But the director warned that you would be kicked out if you did not excel in training and in missions as much as you did when you were 2 years into Project Freelancer. You explained it all to Wash and he agreed to help you in training.

"[Y/N], don't worry too much. You'll get the hang of it, trust me. You just need to get back to when you were a happy girl."

"Yeah, I know David. Thank you."

"Hey, don't mention it." Wash replied, yawning.

And both of you fell asleep together, with Wash's arm around your shoulder, staring at the stars together.

Let's just say that York called out the other Freelancers to come check both of you out the next morning while you and Wash were still fast asleep.
-
[1223 words]
-
(^‿^✿) Author's Note:
Hey! I'm SkittleTears, but you can call me skittles for short. I'm a new writer in the making, so my stories aren't as interesting as other experienced writers! I'm so sorry ^^;! I was inspired by so many writers on Wattpad to write this short [WashXReader] Oneshot! If you have any ideas or tips for me to improve in my stories, please do comment or personally message me! I'm really open to try to make my stories more interesting. Thank you for taking your time to read this story, and be sure to leave some comments!
Toodles!