You Wont Be Forgotten | [ChurchXReader!]

[12/November/2017]

"Ain't that a bitch.." Was the last thing you've never heard Church say.

  Church was gone. He sacrificed himself to save the Reds, Blues, Freelancers, heck, the whole of Chorus if you think about it. He had faith in everyone. He believed in everyone that they would be able to win this war, even if he wouldn't be here to see it happen.

  After listening to his recorded speech with the Reds and Blues, Kimball and the two Freelancers, everyone was left speechless. Some cried, some teared up, and some was still trying to take in the information in shock.

  Your eyes where widened, your pupils shaking intensely. You were shivering everywhere. Everything you held on to- your stress, your lack of sleep, your worry- it was all going to burst out of you. You best friend is "dead" and you might never see him again. Granted, he "came back to life" more than once, but this feels different. He wasn't coming back.

  "I-I need to have some time a-alone.." You mummer loud enough for the few people around you to hear as you raced for your room, breaking down while running.

  The others were worried. Caboose even volunteered to check up on you but Carolina stopped him. They knew you needed time alone.

  You got into the room and went straight to bed. The room was quiet and cozy.

—[Flashback]—
  "Take this if you ever miss me." Church appeared beside your left ear and whispered as Tucker handed you a keychain with a photo of Church and you in one side, and the whole squad on the other.

  "This is adorable, where did you make this?"

  "Hey, I have my secrets." Church winked.

  "I would really like a threesome, but I don't think I should be here right now. I'm gonna walk a few meters away from you love birds." Tucker teased as he walked away to talk to Wash.

  "If I disappear one day, please remember me okay? I'm not one for emotional speeches, but please keep me in your memory, [Y/N].."

  "Church," you giggled at how sentimental he was.

  "How can I forget my best friend? And I doubt you'll disappear in my watch." You reassured, leaving you and him staring into the blue, cloudy sky.

—[End of flashback]—

  You cried into your fluffy pillow, hugging the keychain Church gave you tightly. All the times you spent with him when we was different forms was hitting you like a wrecking ball.

  "[Y-Y/N]..?" You heard a familiar voice. It was Church.

  You turned around and suddenly everything turned white. Panicking, you looked up and down, left and right, trying to find Church. You heard him, you knew he was here. But you don't know where he was.

  "Church! Where are you? Please let me see you again!" You screamed, your tears already flowing out like a leaking tap.

  "[Y/N], I need you to calm down." Church's Voice instructed you.

   You breathed in deeply and breathed it all out, putting your hands on your forehead, trying your best to focus on calming down. Just than, Church appeared in front of you.

   "Church!" You gasped as you ran into his arms, resting both your arms on his shoulders and locking both your arms together behind his neck.

    Hugging him caused him to stun, but he hugged back immediately, wrapping his arms around your waist after having felt the feeling of hugs again. He missed these hugs. Last time both of you hugged was back at blood gulch. It felt so.. real..

   "Church.." you muttered, tears forming in your eyes.

  "..I don't understand.. where are we?" You continued.

  "We're in your mind.. or dream." Church answered in a soothing voice.

  "Does that mean you aren't real?"

  "..t-that's for you to find out. Do you want to believe this is real?"

  "Yes, I do. This hug feels real."

  Church's mouth curved into a tired smile and broke the hug a little, staring down at your face with his dark colored eyes. You stared up into his eyes with tears slowly streaming down your face. Church caressed your cheeks as he wiped away the tears from your eyes with his thumbs. He leaned forward, pulling your face with a force strong enough for you to move forward but weak enough not to hurt you. You willingly leaned in and crashed your lips into his. It was passionate and gentle, which was odd because back at blood gulch, Church would usually land a quick peak on your forehead or cheek and burn red after doing so.

  "[Y/N], I want you to help me tell the others that it wasn't their fault I sacrificed myself. It was my choice. Look after those assholes for me, they're reckless."

  "Wait, weren't you the asshole in the group?" You pointed a finger on his chest and exerted a little force onto it, giggling at the memories of him being the absolute asshole.

  "Hey!"

  "You even admitted it when you and Carolina were fighting with a bunch of Texas!" You laughed into his chest.

  Church laughed too. This was the last moment before he would see you again anyway. He and you should enjoy it together, right?

  "Okay, I'm an asshole-"

  "See!"

  " -but the thing is, I don't want any of you grieving over my dead bod-.. My dead AI body.. I guess? I'm not completely gone, it'll just be awhile. I'll see everyone again when their time comes. Just.. don't forget me. I don't know what will happen to us if one of us forgets each other, and I don't want to know." Church went into deep thought as he looked onto the ground.

  You pulled him in for one last hug as he started to cry. You ruffled his hair, making it messy as he hugged you tighter.

  "We'll try not to grief over you, don't worry. No one will forget a good friend." You assured him.

  The white atmosphere stared to fade, you were waking up.

  " I love you, [Y/N]." Church said as tears rolled down his rosy red cheeks.

  "I love you too Church, and you won't be forgotten. See ya later." You hugged him tighter as everything around you faded.

  You woke up from your "dream", crying even more than before.

——————
[1052 words]
——————

Author's note (^‿^✿) :

Hello wonderful people, it is I! Sorry for not updating! I'm binge watching a little of RWBY and also working on Part 2 of Hide, Seek and Catch! It's taking longer than I expected so please be patient! Out of wattpad, I'm writing two other stories. One called "Project 32", a little similar to Rvb's season 9-10 episodes of Project Freelancer and another story called "last daylight", a story of rebellions seeking the truth of their hidden potentials but also being hunted down by an army who wants to keep this secret away from them :D. It's not that I don't have time or anything, but I used the time to do some thinking and other things apart from writing this book AND IM VERY SORRY WHOOPS. I'm trying to gain inspiration from reading other oneshots and improving my vocabulary to expand my oneshots! I'll be sure to update more!