Promise. |[WashXReader!]

[3/2/18]

[edited]

WARNING: CONTAINS A PINCH OF SADNESS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

———

The director sent Wash, York, Maine and you out on a mission to retrieve an artifact. It was going smoothly, being stealthy made you feel like a ninja, sneaking around and hiding behind walls. Silently killing off security guards by snapping their necks in a split second made you feel like jaws. But all that changed when York didn't manage to open a lock successfully and triggered the alarm system.

Wash and you were infiltrating Block A of the building and York and Maine were taking over Block B, since there was a hell lot of levels and a small artifact that was needed to be found in the gigantic building.

The artifact was found in Block A, inside a showcase in one of the million small rooms in the building. You were the first to find it and requested 479er for a quiet escape, but to your dismay, that was the same time that York triggered the alarm.

Now, thousands of obeying soldiers were running along the hallways in groups of 9, investigating each and every room. You knew for a fact that they were coming closer.

You forcefully pushed your elbow against the glass and broke the window, allowing an escape.

"Man, we should've had a plan B." Wash jokingly said to lighten the mood as he reached for his gun behind his back.

"Tell me about it. If Carolina was here she would be taking down all the soldiers outside. It's a pity she was needed in another mission." You agreed with a sigh.

"Hey, we will get through this. We can't die this young." Wash opinionated with a small hint of a smile in his voice.

You punched his arm lightly in agreement and pushed the transmitter button on your helmet.

"479er, this is Agent [S/N]. We have fulfilled the mission in retrieving the artifact and we are in dire need in evac." You said through the mic lightheartedly.

The soldiers may be near you, but you knew you had enough time to escape. That was about to change before you heard a desperate plea at the end of the transmitter.

"EVAC EVAC. THIS IS AGENT YORK. WE ARE IN CRITICAL CONDITION." A stressed out York shouted into the mic, with the background full of gunfire.

You looked towards Wash, but all he could do is look back towards you. You made a hard decision and pressed the transmitter again.

"This is Agent [S/N], forget what I said. Go help York and Maine before us. We got some time to spare."

"Copy. Be careful though, I see a hell lot of heat thermals coming from your right and left. 479er out."

You looked over at Wash's emotionless helmet. Even without any emotion, he was clearly worried.

You patted his back in reassurance. You slid your pinky into his and lifted both your pinkies, locking them together tightly.

When you first met Wash, he was being bullied because of how "weak" he was. He could easily knock his bully out, but he chose not to. You were the only friend he had. The one who has stuck through everything with him and the one who made him feel loved. You always kept a promise, a promised that you will never leave each other. You weren't going to let it go just yet.

You heard the soldiers coming closer as their marching got louder every second. You and Wash got ready to fire towards the metal door that was the only barrier keeping both Wash and you safe. You checked your radar that was attached onto your armor on your arm, seeing that 479er was making her way towards Wash and you.