One More Time. | [WashXFreelancer!Reader]

[21/July/2019]

Takes place during S17!

——
Okay wash.
Wash thought to himself, frantically pacing through time.

All you need to do is to find Carolina and bring her to blood gulch, you are going to be fine, this is all fine.
Wash said to himself as he settled into a memory.

The gravity felt different, he felt lighter than he did before. He looked around him, everything was metal, making the place so much more brighter. The windows showed the dark, eerie sky filled with bright, shinning stars. That was when he stopped in his tracks, this places looks familiar, but that could it possibly be?

"Hey rookie, class is that way!" A familiar voice rang behind him.

He turned around, not expecting his face to meet with south. He concealed his annoyance by clenching his fist, taking out all the bottled up anger raging inside of him. The last time he saw south was when he shot her point blank in between her eyes.

Project Freelancer. Of course.
Wash thought in annoyance of the place. Given the choice, obviously he wouldn't have choose to come back to this place. It took him years to realize that he should've listened to Connie and you. Wait-

"Where is [Y/N]?" Wash blurted out as his anger turned into suspense. He didn't even know what he would do if he saw you again. For one last time.

South huffed in irritation, crossing her arms and discontent. "Dumbass, look in front of you.  You are really head over heels, aren't you?" South teased, loving the way she could make wash feel small.

Wash turned to the front in a blink of an eye. You were walking with Connie, hips swaying and laughing at a joke that Maine grunted about Wash. God, how much he missed you. How much he wanted to run and embrace you, to feel your touch again.

He ran up to the group as his legs felt like they were jumping on trampolines. Adrenaline rushing through his veins making him high, he couldn't wait to hear your voice call out his name again, for one more time. Just once more is what he's asking for.

"Hey, [Y/N]!" He exclaimed joyously,  eagerly waiting to hear your voice. It felt nothing like he ever felt before, impatiently waiting for your voice.

You smiled and chased your two friends who are now teasing you away. You chuckled while they made kissy faces and shoving two fingers into their mouths to act like they are gaging at the pure cheesiness of the situation. "Hey Wash, what's up?" You asked cheerfully and lightheartedly.

That sent him on cloud 9, he missed that voice so much. Your voice alone made the stress on his responsibility soften, only your voice could get him to feel at ease. He smiled contently in his helmet.

"[Y/N] this may sound crazy, but I need to tell you something after class." Wash softened, trying his best to keep you from running away. Not again.

——

He explained to you about the time travel , and how he needed to find Carolina, and how he made friends who turned into his forever family. He never expected you to buy it, just like the rest of the people that he told. All he wanted was to feel that sense of reassurance, that feeling that made him feel that everything will be okay. You shrugged.