팔 : home

alice! alice! oh, alice!how can you know this way not that?

how can you know this way not that?

. . .

— hospital;

Taehyung grunted in pain as he was being rushed to the emergency room. Jungkook stayed beside him, holding his hand tight.

"Sir, you're not allowed inside." The nurse blocked him as he tried to follow his ailing friend inside the room.

"But—"

"We'll take care of him," she spoke and closed the door right after her.

Jungkook glanced at the door, his hands were folded behind his head, worried sick about his hyung. His blood was still all over his shirt so he decided to get rid of them. While his hands rubbed the crimson stain off, his phone rang and he got frustrated upon seeing the caller ID.

"Jungkook-ssi."

"Jimin."

"How is he?"

"He's being operated right now. Are you coming by?" He looked around to make sure no one was listening. He made his way out of the bathroom and sat just beside the operating room.

"I can't, I dropped by our house today."

"Jimin, it's been 2 years since mom and dad died." He lowered his head and ran his palm across his forehead in disappointment.

The young lad was upset that his step-brother would always come back to that horrible place.

He never liked his childhood. Their parents were the worst, they always abused them.

It drove Jimin mad. He created a whole new family in his mind but remained Jungkook as his sweet step-brother.

But why did Taehyung take him away all of a sudden? Oh, Jimin despised him so much.

He stole his baby brother, he'd make him pay for it.

"Yeah but—"

"Can we stop talking about this? They never loved us! And that's the truth!"

"Don't say that Jungk—"

Jungkook ended the call in an instant.

Of course, Jimin wouldn't understand, he loved the family he created in his mind that lame fantasy inside his head.

Only Taehyung understood what he desires the most: love and attention.

— that house;

Jimin walked carefully along the floor covered with dust and dried leaves, the cracked walls stained with ashes. The roof made a sound with the whistling of the wind, almost giving up after all the years of rain and shine. Their house that once stood out with the glamorous window panes and glass doors now looks like a skeleton. He looked around, reminiscing his memories when he was just a boy.

His attention was instantly diverted to the car parked outside. He knows it was owned by one of his hyungs.

"I knew you'd be here. Come on, let's go home," Namjoon shouted from the car and opened the passenger seat for him.

Jimin nodded before leaving the nostalgic house behind him.

"Are you okay?" Joon asked.

"I heard Taehyung was shot."

"That kid. Jin always had something for him, do you want me to drop you off at the hospital?"

"Jungkook can take care of him."

Then there was sadness around him. It was like a fever that made him completely weak and ill. The image of Jungkook and Taehyung together hurts him.

I should be the one he's close to, not that pathetic Taehyung, he thought.

He turned his face away from him and slouched on his side, letting his head rest on the seatbelt.

"I wanna go home."