이십 오 : who stole the tarts?

echoes fade and memories die

. . .

He was ecstatic to read the last chapter. But in between the spaces of each paragraph, the phrases, don't conclude and look at the past were written as if constantly reminding him that it is not the page he should be looking at.

"This is the last leaf of the book! What else do you want?!!" He was so pissed, he almost ripped the page of the book when he threw it on the wall. His eyes darted on the note that flew out of it. It swayed as it descended on air, and when it laid flat on the floor, his expression hardened as he read what's written,

within the court room
everything fell apart
the red queen is pissed
who stole her tart?

Terror took over his body, having realized that all his questions were answered when the last leaf fell,

and that he was wrong for assuming that the past was their actual past but rather the 11th chapter of the book.

"Tarts?" A pale, white boy offered from the door. Yugyeom willingly lets him in and asked him to lock the door behind for he already knows who the suspects are, but he is not letting the cat out of the bag yet.

"What's the excitement all about, chief deputy?" Yoongi asked while he munched on his tart, and held out the box to Yugyeom but he declined. He noticed the dominant expression on Yugyeom's face, he's not stupid, he knows what's up.

"I'm quite impressed, you already know who they are..." He took the whole tart he was holding inside his mouth and brushed his hands to get rid of the crumbs, "let's see what you got, chief deputy."

He focused eye contact with the man, now it's his turn to brag what he knows. I told you, he's smart.

"The March Hare knew how bad the queen's verdict could be, when the Hatter was called in as the first witness he denied the false implication from him. The Red Queen, as every child would know, is a huge bi.tch, she doesn't care whether the accused is innocent or not, she wants to perform the sentence before guilt or innocence is even decided upon—" Yoongi gave a tight-lipped smile, a little nervous eh?

"If I asked Jin right now if he ever felt that Joon loved him, I doubt he'd say yes because he never did, he treated Jin like a sex toy. Need proof of that?" He dropped Jin's autopsy report on Yoongi's lap, he opened it and read the medical diagnosis, "he's not only hiding his cuts but also the scrapes and bruises on his arm and hips, there were injuries found around his rectum. He lied to save his ass from jail. And Taehyung? Did he ever care if he was right or wrong? a simple request for tea and he's mad. How pathetic?"

"Have you considered his mental condition? He's paranoid!"

"Jin is sick, as well! Haven't he considered that?! You can't blame Jin for whatever shi.t he's going through because you disgusting bastards do not understand!" Yugyeom raised his voice, he's drawing all his conclusions from what he merely felt at that time.

Yoongi froze, staring at him with wide eyes. Yugyeom surely got him speechless this time. The young man looked away, scratching his forehead.

While the room oozed with awkwardness and grit, Yugyeom made the call.

"I order the arrest of Kim Namjoon and Kim Taehyung immediately. I repeat, Kim Namjoon and Kim Taehyung for the case of murder. Do not hurt them, I want them alive in my office."

Soon after, he turned around to meet the lad with an uptight body language,

"Min Yoongi, you are under arrest for the murder of Kim Seokjin. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law."

when the hatter was on trial,

the dormouse was anxious to avoid drawing attention to himself

Yoongi tugged on his ear, anxious of the situation he's currently in. He thought that helping with the investigation would cause him less trouble.

he did that because

he didn't want Yugyeom to actively investigate on him

it's a shame because he's wrong

Yugyeom didn't hesitate to lock the handcuffs on him, furthermore, Yoongi wasn't reluctant of the arrest.

It was just yesterday when they celebrated Taehyung's birthday, and for all one knows, they all felt guilty for murdering him in cold blood.

. . .
[an excerpt from the book]

chapter 11: who stole the tarts?

The King and Queen of Hearts were seated on their throne when they arrived. The twelve jurors were all writing very busily on slates.

'Call the first witness,' said the King.

The first witness was the Hatter. He came in with a teacup in one hand.

'Give your evidence,' the King repeated angrily, 'or I'll have you executed, whether you're nervous or not.'

'I'm a poor man, your Majesty,' the Hatter began, in a trembling voice, '–and I hadn't begun my tea–not above a week or so–and what with the bread-and-butter getting so thin–and the twinkling of the tea–'

'The twinkling of the what?' said the King.

'It began with the tea,' the Hatter replied.

'Of course twinkling begins with a T!' said the King sharply. 'Do you take me for a dunce? Go on!'

'I'm a poor man,' the Hatter went on, 'and most things twinkled after that–only the March Hare said–'

'I didn't!' the March Hare interrupted in a great hurry.

'You did!' said the Hatter.

'I deny it!' said the March Hare.

'He denies it,' said the King: 'leave out that part.'

'Well, at any rate, the Dormouse said–' the Hatter went on, looking anxiously round to see if he would deny it too: but the Dormouse denied nothing, being fast asleep.

'After that,' continued the Hatter, 'I cut some more bread- and-butter–'

'But what did the Dormouse say?' one of the jury asked.

'That I can't remember,' said the Hatter.

'You MUST remember,' remarked the King, 'or I'll have you executed.'

chapter 12: alice's evidence

'No, no!' said the Queen. 'Sentence first–verdict afterwards.'

'Stuff and nonsense!' said Alice loudly. 'The idea of having the sentence first!'

'Hold your tongue!' said the Queen, turning purple.

'I won't!' said Alice.

'Off with her head!' the Queen shouted at the top of her voice. Nobody moved.

( © 2015 Alice-in-wonderland.net ALL RIGHTS RESERVED)